Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

50nl - River lead w/ 2p

Old
50nl - River lead w/ 2p - Thu Apr 10, 2014, 10:50 PM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2012
Stats

Player2 ( $52.36 USD ) - VPIP: 25, PFR: 15, BTN STL: 50, Flop cbet: 83, Turn cbet: 100, River cbet: 0, 3B: 0, AF: 0.9, Hands: 95

I think pre, flop and turn are very standard.

River is interesting. I don't think he'll go for 3 streets with toppair+, but he's likely to call a donk bet given both flush draws missed.

I can also pretty easily bet/fold if he jams over my bet, whilst preventing a check back.

I normally hate leading but given his AF is so low, is this the right play?

Old
Thu Apr 10, 2014, 11:46 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
I think it's ok... This looks like a busted draw but T8 of spades got there, so you could be representing that. The problem is that I think this villain could have T8 of spades, AA, KK, 99. Their AF is so low and they've bet out BIG twice. They have something that they like. I also find villains with a low AF bet their draws harder than say a pair of ACES.

I think I would actually go for a X/C OTR.

FWIW, I think the call OTT is really close and it might even be a fold tbh. I think it would be a call IP. Fold OOP.

Just my opinion! Thanks!

Old
Fri Apr 11, 2014, 04:48 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2011
(Live Trainer)
Given the sample is so small I would not read anything into the missing river aggression so far. Villain opened OTB and can potentially barrel this board with a lot of draws or picked up draws. You could try and represent a busted draw yourself with your river lead but I somehow doubt it may be better than checking. I would expect most 50nl players to valuebet this river with most of the hands they would call plus bluff some busted draws as well so I'd check/call river. It's also nice to strengthen your check/calling range here as you frequently get to this river with only 1 pair after check/calling twice.

Live Trainer

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com