Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Challenges & Battleground & Member Blogs /

The Rebuild Plan

Old
The Rebuild Plan - Fri Apr 11, 2014, 03:27 AM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2012
BronzeStar
March was a great month for me. I came back to Poker after a 1 year break and hit some nice cashes and built up a tidy bankroll.

... only to be a week into April and bust my $60 bankroll.
I did this by going against my own rules and playing in some HU and Cash games. Playing these is not a problem but its when I play outside of variance and then end up chasing losses, thats the problem.

This is something I am keen to work on and is probably the weakest part of my game.

As I am currently at $0, I will either need to get lucky in some freerolls, wait 2 weeks until I have funds to reload or find someone who can stake me to get be rebooted.

UPDATE : I have a fellow PSO member who is helping stake me. As a result, I will be building up my bankroll but on their terms, following games they lay out for me.

At present it will be playing Sunday Storm Satellites for $TD.
Did this over the weekend and came out with a nice profit, not to mention a fair ITM cash from the Sunday Storm itself going out about 9000 out of 110,000.

I also placed 85th in the Big Bang for a nice boost to my private bankroll.

My goal now is to grow my own private bankroll whilst also doing the same for the stake bankroll.
No long term goals right now, this short term would should be enough.

Will update with some results at the end of this week

Last edited by baud2death; Mon Apr 14, 2014 at 03:51 AM..

Old
Thu Apr 17, 2014, 03:08 AM
(#2)
BronzeStar
The rebuild plan is going well.

I completed a stake for the last week with a fellow PSO member for a profit of $40, adding this to the few wins I have made myself, I am currently just about $85.

This is a great achievement for me because it has shown that even when I am down, in now way am I out and I have the mindset and ability to make money.

My plan now is to grind up playing 55c 500-cap and $1.10 250-cap games and play these until I reach $200. Although some of my improved bankroll came from some wins in cash games, I am going to restrict myself for the time being from playing cash, it is very easy to downswing and I need all of my efforts in a positive direction right now. I will review this once I hit my $200 goal.

I also have a stake running in the forum for $2.20 Progressive Super KO games, 10 total to run 1 per day. Depending on how well that goes, I could keep it as a regular stake.

I plan to play a mix of the $1.10 and 55c capped MTTs, it will depend on what is available. There is no maximum to the amount I will play in a day but will have a stop-loss of -4 games per day to avoid tilting.

I am recording my progress and will report it here in this thread each week, I am going to consider yesterday as day #1 of my plan, since I played my first $2.20 KO game.

START OF WEEK #1 - Bankroll = $96.88 (including $11 from stake investment for my Super KO games)

Old
Thu Apr 17, 2014, 08:16 AM
(#3)
Since: Dec 2012
Wow, great start to the rebuild. Stay disciplined and you'll definitely make a push up through the stakes. Gl!

Old
Wed Apr 30, 2014, 03:44 AM
(#4)
BronzeStar
I haven't updated this thread in awhile and to be honest, need to do some more groundwork before I can commit to keep it updated.

My bankroll isn't doing as well as I would like at the moment and am in mega grind mode to get me to the point where I can start making long-term plans, right now I am taking it one day at a time to build myself back up.

I will revisit this post once I am where I need to be and will layout my short-term (weekly) mid-term (monthly) and long-term (quarterly) goals.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com