Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

nuts vs second nuts 5nl

Old
nuts vs second nuts 5nl - Fri Apr 11, 2014, 06:49 PM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2013
not sure if bad or not... was hoping for KK and thats pretty much it i guess lolz :/ ... only, the only and the again only hand that beating me was AK..
but the only hand that could call my big river reraise would be KK...

Last edited by NaturoSasuki; Fri Apr 11, 2014 at 07:01 PM..

Old
Fri Apr 11, 2014, 08:25 PM
(#2)
Since: Feb 2013
You had to have stats in this hand, seeing this is a reg-table. They prob know you to be a LAG.

Knowing you a bit, I think players at your table will call you with any kind of Ax, 33, KK so I don't mind your shove. AK was the only hand that beats you so nasty spot.

Sure, you could have raised but would you seriously fold to a shove?... No, I dont think so eighter and b/c you will get called by most hands that bet OTR, I like the shove.

Last edited by rkleefstra; Fri Apr 11, 2014 at 08:27 PM..

Old
Sat Apr 12, 2014, 12:49 AM
(#3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkleefstra View Post
Sure, you could have raised but would you seriously fold to a shove?...
yes , dats why i showed, cuz i wont believe him dat only one AK

Old
Sat Apr 12, 2014, 03:39 AM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2012
I think shoving on him after he has raised your river bet is pretty awful.

You have a very strong hand but it is not the nuts. You more or less laid out the hands that can call you on this board, fair enough, villains at 5NL are probably calling with any Ace here but he didn't call your initial bet, he raised it, he told you he wasn't scared and you shoved on him.

You should only get called by the nuts (Either figuratively or literally).

Old
Sat Apr 12, 2014, 03:44 AM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2012
Incidentally, his play is absolutely pathetic, he flops the world, turns the absolute nuts, and on the river the pot was tiny.

He got lucky to be paid off.

Old
Sat Apr 12, 2014, 04:15 AM
(#6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoylegend View Post
Incidentally, his play is absolutely pathetic, he flops the world, turns the absolute nuts, and on the river the pot was tiny.

no, my play is pathetic... i knew he wouldnt pick this line with QQ...
i knew i could be against AK , AQ,KK(but then again, my hand looks also like 66, so he might fold to my 8x-raise OTR with his AQ... so only KK seems legit cuz he can beats 66) thats why i was checking/checkcalling it down.... but making fullhouse made me feel at that moment(idk wut i was thinking)like i loose value against AQ/KK if i dont shove :/ , i could have easily just call his OTR-raise... silly me... played it so weel till the river and then i make 8x raise... so silly me

Last edited by NaturoSasuki; Sat Apr 12, 2014 at 04:17 AM..

Old
Sat Apr 12, 2014, 04:19 AM
(#7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkleefstra View Post
You had to have stats in this hand, seeing this is a reg-table. They prob know you to be a LAG.

Knowing you a bit, I think players at your table will call you with any kind of Ax, 33, KK so I don't mind your shove. AK was the only hand that beats you so nasty spot.

Sure, you could have raised but would you seriously fold to a shove?... No, I dont think so eighter and b/c you will get called by most hands that bet OTR, I like the shove.
y dats true it was reg table and i had loose image, but still dats not a good argument to make such stupid river show as i did, though i did it only cuz i know i would be reraising if he comes over the top and KK might be just calling my raise to lets say 3$/4$

Old
Sat Apr 12, 2014, 05:21 AM
(#8)
Since: Nov 2012
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoylegend View Post

I agree, if he had read him right (a weak ace) he would have gone in for more.
Most likely he just didn't know how to play the nuts and was begging for a bluff at the end.

Realisticly, the only hands that are going to pay him off in that spot are Ace-Rag, as any non-ace hand is going to fear Ace-High from the raiser anyway and shutdown. If he bet the pot and got fold, then he was never going to get value from the further streets anyway. If he got action then he could bring it all in by the river.

Personally though, I wouldn't have called the preflop raise - in that spot at best I am behind to a made pair, at worst I am behind to an ace with a better kicker and I need to improve to my flush to really know I am ahead or get lucky with an Ace, and even then its a judgement call as to me having the best ace.

Against a random hand from Preflop we are about : 58% ahead
Against the top 10 hands from Preflop we are about : 33% behind

At preflop you were about 50% pot odds to call there and the only way you could be ahead is with a completely random hand.

So you have to ask yourself, did you put him on range from 72o to AA, completely random - or did you believe his raise was worth a stronger range?

Just to say as well, at this point based on those Pot Odds, even hands like Q2s, 75s, T9o have you dominated preflop.

If the plan was "get a flush" then are you calling raises like that with any suited cards or perhaps any Ace suited?
If the plan was "get an Ace" then are you not fearing the AJ-AK raising range of players and folding to any strong action?

Old
Sat Apr 12, 2014, 05:58 AM
(#9)
Since: Apr 2012
You know the best part is that this villain will now check nuts always and let us see free cards with draws for free, wth sets etc.

Old
Sat Apr 12, 2014, 08:30 PM
(#10)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hey Naturo,

Preflop I wouldn't hate raising to iso the limper, but completing is fine. Not keen on calling a big raise OOP though from the BB, I think his entire range to do this dominates us in all likelihood.

Post flop bet the turn imo, no reason to give QQ/JJ/TT a free card again as they will likely not put any more money in this pot unless they draw out on us. When we bet river and he raises us, this is just a call imo... There are 3 combos of KK and 3 of AK he can hold, so if he calls our huge overbet shove with all 6 of them, we break even on the money. If he folds KK even some small % of the time to this action, we are losing money. We can debate if he can find a fold or not to this big overbet, for some villains the % may be zero, and for others it's not... but there can be no argument that he's never folding the 3 nut combos. So this bet seems to be break even at best, and losing money the rest of the time.

If we had reads that villain was a LAG who overplays hands, you know the type... he might have 33 or 66 and probably can't help himself so now the reraise becomes profitable.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com