Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2NL Zoom, AKo OOP, Did I get enough value?

Old
2NL Zoom, AKo OOP, Did I get enough value? - Fri Apr 11, 2014, 07:12 PM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2011
Hi,
Mid position with AKo facing UTG 3x bet.
Is the call pre correct in this position?
If I re-raise pre, the BB will probably just call instead of raising.
Then if I c/bet the flop the BB would probably call one more street, so I call when the K hits, sure I am ahead.
I decide to raise the turn, but should I now be looking to get more value as villain has again lead out?
Also should my river bet be nearer $1.20-$1.40?

Old
Sat Apr 12, 2014, 07:53 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hey F1sh,

No reads? I don't mind the initial flat of an UTG open from an unknown, but once the BB makes this silly little 3b and UTG just calls, I think this devalues the strength of his hand and I would lean towards back-raising now to about 1.10.

Flop call is fine, we would seem to be way ahead here facing another tiny bet. Raise much bigger on the turn than minimum, this is where you're leaving value on the table imo. Your river bet should be bigger, yes, and if you raise more on the turn it can be even bigger still on the river.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com