Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Live Game Sweats and Online Tournaments /

Last Chance Tournament

Old
Last Chance Tournament - Fri Dec 06, 2002, 05:15 AM
(#1)
Deleted user

Although I still keep up with all my lessons, and read all the articles, I havn't played in a PSO tournament in over six months. Last week when I returned from the Barcelona Open Tournament (no final table, one 11th place, but cash games more than covered entry fees), I saw the Last Chance Tournament announcement.

So when the first Last Chance tournament opened, I'd upgraded my s/w and was ready to play one tourney a day until I qualified... To make a long tourney short, the first one was one of those events where nothing goes wrong (unlike Barcelona where I had AA cracked three times...).

We started only about 30 players (I think), and by the time we got down to about 20 I had over 50'000T. This was good since I had to sit out for an hour while I served lunch to wife and daughter.

After lunch I was "exceptionally" allowed to rush back to the computer to see if I'd made it into the top 6. Eight players, I'm shortest stack at 6'000T, BB is 2'000T and I've just posted it. Quickly disabling "post & fold," I raise All-in (on what I can't remember...). But I figured that having announced that I'd be sitting out my, blinds have been sitting there for an hour as deadmoney bonus prize for any preflop raises. Any above average hand would probably have been good enough.

After winning that hand, I had just enough to survive about 3 rounds and I'm thinking "sit tight, let the others knock themselves out." But the cards kept coming, and by the time we were 6 I was an average stack again. From then on it was "in the zone" all the way.

Three of the six didn't seem to appreciate the difference between A & B qualifications as they literally dumped their chips, leaving three of us to fight it out. One crazy hand had all three of us all-in and was split three ways! Amazing!

In the end I think I slowplayed AQs, hit the flop, lead out with small lure (otherwise known a sucker bet) and raised all in over the top. What a rush! I'd forgotten that playing for play money can be just as intense as playing for real cash.

A big thanks to Mark and Tina for much of my education, and for offering the last chance to those of us who can't find time for league play.

See you all in The Big One II.

CoolKen

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com