Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

A7 on dry flop turn decision

Old
A7 on dry flop turn decision - Sat Apr 12, 2014, 04:40 AM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2012
Villainio is 25/13, but only 9 hands so unknown. 2NL Zoom.

I think we should cbet this flop, but should we bet the turn? Once i check and villain bombs the turn i dont think we are ahead most of time.
I didnt cbet bigger because it is very dry flop and any better pair will have no difficulty calling+if someone raises we are in pretty bad spot.

Ran some equity calculation vs his range, is it possible they could be floating with K high in zoom here? Am i ranging them too tight?

Board:
Equity Win Tie
Heroic 56.12% 56.12% 0.00% { A7o }
MP3 43.88% 43.88% 0.00% { 99+, ATs+, AJo+ }

Old
Sat Apr 12, 2014, 06:04 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2012
It's always possible that someone is floating with K high but I don't think it means that we should continue.

I am fine with opening from CO with A7, fine with cbetting TPTK, though I would just cbet to a standard size rather than making it smaller. I don't really want a call so would like to discourage if possible.

Against his turn bet, easy fold for me.

Much clearer spots to take at 2NL.

Old
Sat Apr 12, 2014, 07:03 AM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2013
What bhoy said but vs floaters i barrel again but i want a read first.

Old
Sat Apr 12, 2014, 08:37 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hey CrazY,

I think we should bet again on the turn personally. The 9 is unlikely to have helped him and I would expect we still have the best hand a fair bit. The other alternative is to put A7 in our turn check/calling range, which I think we need some hands of this genre in so we are not just check/folding our unpaired big cards on the turn with no protection... that's too easily exploited.

Here at 2NL I wouldn't do that, I would simply bet again to avoid giving a free card to overs and worse pairs. I think we can feel comfortable folding if raised in 2NL in this spot, so bet again imo.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com