Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

5NL zoom QQ- nitty or disciplined?

Old
5NL zoom QQ- nitty or disciplined? - Sat Apr 12, 2014, 08:14 AM
(#1)
Since: May 2013

Can´t really see any hands that he would c-bet there that I´m ahead of..

Old
Sat Apr 12, 2014, 08:23 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2012
Depends what you think he might have I guess.

Hands that can be three betting vs an UTG opener (Assuming he isnt a SLAG player) are JJ(I personally wouldnt 3bet JJ without reads here)/QQ/KK/AA/AK. We do terribly against that range. Even allowing for a slightly looser 3bet range of 99+ and AQ+ we are still a equity dog and cards that improve our hand can also improve him to a better hand.

Annoyed but decent fold IMO.

Old
Sat Apr 12, 2014, 01:11 PM
(#3)
Since: May 2013
Excactly my thoughts as villains in zoom tend to respect UTG opens even a bit too much I think.

Old
Sat Apr 12, 2014, 02:02 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
I think I would call 1 street. Folding isn't bad but I think the villain will be betting their whole range on that flop. Having said that, this flop pretty much smashes their 3-bet range... at least it should. But you have second pair and a gutter. I would call 1 street and fold to a second barrel if unimproved. Check OTT if checked to.

Old
Sat Apr 12, 2014, 04:58 PM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt eh View Post
I think I would call 1 street.
I take it we think we are either ahead or have equity?

Old
Sat Apr 12, 2014, 11:30 PM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoylegend View Post
I take it we think we are either ahead or have equity?
I can assume the player is a rec... and I've seen recs 3bet any 2 suited cards. They don't understand 3-betting. They'll 3-bet 54s. I can't give this player a nut-ted hand here.

Old
Sun Apr 13, 2014, 02:31 AM
(#7)
Since: Feb 2013
Why can't you 3bet 54s? no blockers?

Old
Sun Apr 13, 2014, 05:01 AM
(#8)
Since: Jun 2011
(Live Trainer)
Preflop is certainly good with position and deeper stacks when you open UTG and get 3-bet from the blinds. I would expect most people to have a strong range here so I don't feel too bad about folding flop. You can however call once with some equity and position if you feel your opponent isn't a good player who might pay you off if you hit or even be aggressive enough to start bluffing here.

Live Trainer

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com