Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

10NL - An odd line from opponent

Old
Question
10NL - An odd line from opponent - Sat Apr 12, 2014, 03:29 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2013
Hey guys,

I would like to know your opinion on this hand, particularly about extracting value :

I don't have any reads on the players as I never played with them. However the particular player in this hand was a bit lag'ish.

Thanks and regards,
Shoim

Old
Sat Apr 12, 2014, 03:36 PM
(#2)
On the flop I am thinking I might be behind (given the check raise) but the price is right to call and re-evaluate the turn.
From turn I am really excited to let the player act first for trap - but now I think I should've bet for value again.
I am thinking that, before this hand, I acted aggressively and now my line was not making sense.

Old
Sun Apr 13, 2014, 04:29 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2011
(Live Trainer)
Hey shiom,

preflop I would always prefer 3-betting for isolation and value purposes. AK performs best when you try to maximize your advantages heads-up, although suited AK plays well multiway too. I do think that building a bigger pot and seizing initiative are often too great advantages to not make use of here.

As played I would bet the turn 100% to ensure that the pot is set up for a shove on the river. Villain will usually be quite strong when check/raising a field so we can expect good action and shouldn't try to slowplay I feel.

Live Trainer

Old
Mon Apr 14, 2014, 07:02 AM
(#4)
Hey Felix,

Thank you for the reply, it made me think also about my decision pre-flop, but at the time I 'felt' that keeping both opponents in the pot would be ok, given the suit I held.
I will definitely not take the same line again, on the turn, except if I have reasons to believe my opponent will get crazy if I signal weakness.

Thanks again,
See you Wednesday at PS course
Regards,
Shoim

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com