Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

NL5 Zoom, QTs 5-way, Played Correctly for Max Value?

Old
NL5 Zoom, QTs 5-way, Played Correctly for Max Value? - Sat Apr 12, 2014, 08:34 PM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2011
Hi,
I've been focusing on cash lately and posting a few winning hands, trying to see if I should be more aggro with the nuts.

No reads here, all players in pot have above starting stacks.

Decided to just flat in c/o, should I raise here? how much?
Wet flop J5K gives me up/down str8, utg bets 2X (Kx or Jx)?
I flat for pot control with SB still to act.
Should I raise here to inflate the pot as early as possible?
SB checks, WHY????. Either drawing or massive. Hmmmmm?
Turn gives me str8, SB and utg both check, I bet full pot.
Again SB just calls, I'm ahead, SB must have lots of outs.
Blank on the river, so again I bet full pot.
If villain is massive AcJc, J5, KJ or set, can I bet more?

Last edited by F1sh4UrCh1p5; Sat Apr 12, 2014 at 08:37 PM..

Old
Sun Apr 13, 2014, 11:45 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi F1sh,

You could raise the limpers, or call preflop imo. I don't mind raising to take the initiative.

Flop and turn are fine. I think we should be betting big for sure, and while your sizing is fine, it could be a spot we can go for an overbet. If he missed a draw he's not calling anyway, but if he's got a strong hand he will. If he has a medium strength hand like KQ, he may feel like we missed our hand and call if when we polarize ourselves with a big bet. So maybe like $2 here?

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Apr 13, 2014, 06:02 PM
(#3)
Since: Nov 2011
Thanks for the hand analysis,
For some reason the villians hand is mucked above.
On the original replayed hand villian mucked set 555.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com