2NL FR, 88 OTB, flopped 687r, tricky river

Old
Question
2NL FR, 88 OTB, flopped 687r, tricky river - Sun Apr 13, 2014, 12:13 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2013
ChromeStar
Hi guys,

I'm going to post a few of these so let me know if there is an easier way for you guys to process the info and I will change the format

Preface

Dealt 88 OTB, folded round to Villain 6 who is a TAG. Villains 9 and 1 are multi-table players and are most likely to fold to original bet.

3-bet not an option as Villain is holding KQs at the very worst, I do consider a more than 50% probability of an over pair TT through to AA.

Villain will C-bet OOP.

Specific Questions

1) River... small danger card for me, but judging the Villain's range TJ is very unlikely and probably a bigger danger card for them. I feel I should've re-raised to around 0.65 and put the pressure on the Villain to make a decision?

2) Flop... should I bet these and take them down now without showdown?

3) With the info I knew pre-flop, should I have folded? Being a cash game I could fold to the TAGs with marginal hands.

Any help is much appreciated

Thanks,

ApexShark

P.S. Can I incorporate these answers in my future blog?

Old
Sun Apr 13, 2014, 12:37 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Apex,

Raise directly on the flop always here. It's not to "take it down now", it's to give villain a chance to commit more money with his overpairs before a scary card rolls off and kills your action. Like QQ might be willing to "protect his hand" and stack off right now to a flop raise. But a 4, 5, 9, T, K, or A may slow him down on the turn. That's 24 of 47 unseen cards, half the deck that QQ hates.

River is just a call, I really hate that he's betting again when most of his range should be checking, I feel like we are running into TT a fair bit. But I think we're getting a fair enough price to show down on the chances he flopped a smaller set (total disaster we didn't raise the flop if that's the case) or was out of line with AK and is still overplaying it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexShark View Post
3) With the info I knew pre-flop, should I have folded? Being a cash game I could fold to the TAGs with marginal hands.

P.S. Can I incorporate these answers in my future blog?
I would call preflop, and yes sure.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Apr 13, 2014, 12:42 PM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2013
ChromeStar
Ah thanks Dave... that makes perfect sense.

I really need to work on my pot-building! I promise to always raise (well except 5% of the time when I trap!)

Cheers,

Apex

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com