Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

5nl FR Zoom - TT Facing 3bet multiway

Old
5nl FR Zoom - TT Facing 3bet multiway - Mon Apr 14, 2014, 11:37 AM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2013
Hi guys,

This is mainly a preflop question, as the flop plays it's self really.

Stats on villains as follows:

Villain 6: 16/10/1.7 117 hands
Villain 8: 14/13/1.8 3bet 5.6 279 hands
villain 9: 19/11/1.0 126 hands

My thought process was the following:

Preflop

Called villain 6 raise to set mine.
Now villain 8 3bets, and I am now thinking of giving up (as calling a 3bet OOP is not good)
Villain 9 and 6 calls the 3bet. I now thought that I would be getting a good price to see the flop to set mine. I decided there and then that I am only set mining with TT (no set no bet with overcards on this flop). Also I was closing the action, so could not be facing any 4bets etc.

The flop comes AT8, and now decide that a X/R all-in is in order?

I felt the pot is big enough now that when he puts his bet in, if I X/R all-in he will feel committed to the pot.

By shoving I felt like he might think that I am doing this to hopefully take down the inflated pot by getting him to fold - as a bluff.

The question is, do you think that I can call this 3bet, for set mining.

Cheers,

Matt

Last edited by pullin1988; Mon Apr 14, 2014 at 11:49 AM..

Old
Mon Apr 14, 2014, 12:44 PM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2012
I don't see any possible advantage to shove flop.

We have more than enough room to get the money in on the river if it checks through OTT, and all we do is fold out some stupidly played KK or bluff that he could shove the turn with.

Old
Mon Apr 14, 2014, 12:46 PM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2010
Hi Matt

Here's my feedback on the hand
"Called villain 6 raise to set mine." I'd call too, but not just to set mine; we can call a fair amount of cbets when the flop does not bring two overcards; 3bet Price is close to call to set mine we have to call 0.43 and the pot would be 2.39 to make it profitable OOP we need to win 0.43 x 20 or 8.6$ - 2.39$ or 6.21$ more, but given this is MW then yea I'd call too.
Once they bet this flop MW I think they will commit so it can go both ways either raising or calling expecting them to put the rest in

Old
Mon Apr 14, 2014, 12:58 PM
(#4)
Hi geo,

I understand that we can continue with no overpairs, but I always feel there is quite a bit of overpairs that he could have, that beat me.

Cheers,

Matt

Old
Mon Apr 14, 2014, 12:59 PM
(#5)
Birdayy that also makes sense to call rather than shove.

Old
Mon Apr 14, 2014, 01:12 PM
(#6)
Since: Oct 2011
Definitely call pre. The pot odds are incredible. Check-call flop, check-shove turn would be my line post. On that flop, it's not like your hand needs "protecting" from draws, so let villain think you have a worse ace or undepair. You're obviously never folding, but there's no rush to get all in, because villain won't be folding top pair either, but he'll dump KK/QQ to a check-raise on the flop.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Apr 14, 2014, 01:25 PM
(#7)
I think I got a bit over excited! Yeah I can see why it could be a mistake shoving because like you said he could dump other hands.

Cheers,

Matt

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com