Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Live Game Sweats and Online Tournaments / Skill League /

pyshic powers being used in open league

Old
pyshic powers being used in open league - Mon Apr 14, 2014, 01:28 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2014
someone please try to find some logic in this other than the player is physic

Old
Mon Apr 14, 2014, 01:30 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2012
Its the Open Skill League - its not real poker the vast majority of the time.

Old
Mon Apr 14, 2014, 02:47 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
The key I'm looking at here is the initial raise. A standard raise is to 3BB+1BB for each limper (480 with 3 limpers). By betting smaller than this, the opps can get the correct odds to be in the pot.. and if they get the right odds, they WILL win chips on average.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Apr 15, 2014, 12:53 AM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2011
donkkilla, you were never going to win it. Your stack was too small compared to the others. They would of called even if you shoved preflop.

Bhoy is right it's not real poker.I have had the same problem playing the open this month, you just have to put up with the idiot play. John says it right but that's for a real game, not the Open League.

Play AA and maybe KK till you get close to the positive points.

GL

Spartan642

Old
Tue Apr 15, 2014, 04:07 AM
(#5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan642 View Post
donkkilla, you were never going to win it. Your stack was too small compared to the others. They would of called even if you shoved preflop.

Bhoy is right it's not real poker.I have had the same problem playing the open this month, you just have to put up with the idiot play. John says it right but that's for a real game, not the Open League.

Play AA and maybe KK till you get close to the positive points.

GL

Spartan642
yes that was exactly my thinking they would call even if i shoved so i thought maybe if they didnt hit the flop and didnt have a draw of some sort they might actually fold, but clearly not. Johns logical is great in the real world but not in donkland where theres a bag a carrots waiting for every bad play. How do you think they got there stacks playing decent hands no of course not they pushed allin with rubbish or call allins with rubbish and they win,so getting these type of people to fold is near impossible. Looking back at johns figures and my hand in question its looks to me like his figures are wrong as i only had 1150 chips betting 480 would leave me with 670 for the on the flop bet into a 2040 pot giving them more than good value to call

Last edited by donkkilla76; Tue Apr 15, 2014 at 04:14 AM..

Old
Tue Apr 15, 2014, 07:49 AM
(#6)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
My reason for the 480 is due to it being a league game..... in a standard cash tourney, I'm shipping this preflop 24/7/365.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Apr 15, 2014, 11:55 AM
(#7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK24 View Post
My reason for the 480 is due to it being a league game..... in a standard cash tourney, I'm shipping this preflop 24/7/365.

John (JWK24)
can we get few details still not really getting why you would do this in the open league

Old
Tue Apr 15, 2014, 12:17 PM
(#8)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
The open is about one thing and one thing only... survival for more league points. When I play a hand, I want to be betting the min that I need to in order to give the opps a -EV play. Each person that I outlast gets me more points for the end of the month leaderboard (the real $$ in these games).

Due to this, the only time I'm pot-committed.. is if I'm blinded in and it's better to blind away to nothing, than to ever take a chance in one of these, especially early in the tourney.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Apr 19, 2014, 06:36 AM
(#9)
Since: Jul 2013
how do i post my hands that i want to play into video like that?
Tried with boom, wouldn't work. Think I might be missing something a simple step.

Old
Sat Apr 19, 2014, 06:53 AM
(#10)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MouZeAttacK View Post
how do i post my hands that i want to play into video like that?
Tried with boom, wouldn't work. Think I might be missing something a simple step.
Hi MouZeAttacK,

This page might help you

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/art...r-Instructions

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com