Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

onyxpected domination w/ 56s allin OTF

Old
Default
onyxpected domination w/ 56s allin OTF - Mon Apr 14, 2014, 02:06 PM
(#1)
NaturoSasuki's Avatar
Since: Dec 2013
Posts: 348
was it good played by me? i have 60% chance to win and he has 7% and 33%chance of tie, good, isnt it?
 
Old
Default
Mon Apr 14, 2014, 05:12 PM
(#2)
TheLangolier's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 13,512
(Head Trainer)
Hi NS,

No, this is not good, it's bad. The %'s you quote are good for sure, and if we could see his hole cards then a raising war would be awesome for us. Unfortunately we are not playing against these hole cards when the money is going in, we are playing against a range. Most of the time when our opponent wants to raise/get it in on the flop in a single raised pot they will have a range that is largely made up of premium pairs, 2 pair, sets, straights, and big draws.

Even if we knew he was loose enough to play 64o for a raise pre, it's still not good, because we also have to give him all the combos of 54,74,75,76,86 at least. We should definitely call and see the turn but reriasing/stacking it in is going to cost us money in the long run, even though once in a while we'll get a great result and be up against that 1 perfect hand in his range.


Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner



 

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com