Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

10NL RUSH, 66 HEROcall OTR

Old
10NL RUSH, 66 HEROcall OTR - Tue Apr 15, 2014, 04:43 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
Is this a HEROcall or standard call OTR? Just thought that this line made no sense.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - Full Tilt Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com/

saw flop | saw showdown

BB ($9.75)
UTG ($21.25) VPIP: 75, PFR: 25, 3B: 0, AF: 1.0, Hands: 4
MP ($7.90)
CO ($13.33)
Hero (Button) ($10)
SB ($5.27)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 6, 6
UTG raises $0.30, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.30, 2 folds

Flop: ($0.75) 8, 10, 7 (2 players)
UTG checks, Hero bets $0.50, UTG calls $0.50

Turn: ($1.75) 3 (2 players)
UTG checks, Hero checks

River: ($1.75) 2 (2 players)
UTG bets $1.75, Hero calls $1.75

Total pot: $5.25

Results below:
Click to show hidden text

Old
Wed Apr 16, 2014, 10:39 AM
(#2)
(Head Trainer)
Hi dirt,

I don't think this is an auto-call tbh, I think we should be folding this weak a pair quite a bit to his pot sized river bet. I know he doesn't look super strong when he checks the turn, but he can be value betting slightly better hands like JT or 99 or A8, or even thinking he's bluffing with a hand like 97 or A7.

One thing that may be useful is the read. We don't have a stat based one yet, beyond that he's voluntarily played 3/4 hands preflop, once by raising himself. But based on his stack it seems like one of those hands at least went to showdown, with him doubling up. So what did we observe him show down, and how did he play that hand? Maybe that will help us intuit if we should lean towards looking him up here or not.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Apr 16, 2014, 11:37 AM
(#3)
Thanks Dave. He checked the flop as the aggressor also. His line was R, XC, X, B. Felt like one of those spots where he has nothing. I'll look at his other showdown hands and see what he turned up with and make some notes.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com