Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

10NL RUSH, AKo #bluffinitoff OOP

Old
10NL RUSH, AKo #bluffinitoff OOP - Tue Apr 15, 2014, 06:14 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
This was a bluff that went baaaaaad. Here's my thought process.

PF: I decided to squeeze in order to get HU with AKo... both call
OTF: I didn't want to bet my equity away here. I have two overs, a gutty and BDNFD.
OTT: I decide to make a small delayed cbet. My plan with the delayed cbet was to A) take it down OTT B) shove a decent sized stack on good river cards.
OTR: The 9 of diamonds hits which is good/bad but I decided it was a good enough card to shove on.

Having said ALL OF THIS... how would you play this hand? Please comment! Thanks!

saw flop | saw showdown

Button ($9.05) VPIP: 57, PFR: 21, 3B: 0, AF: 1.0, Hands: 14
SB ($11.15)
Hero (BB) ($10.84)
UTG ($7.90)
MP ($14.84) VPIP: 25, PFR: 25, 3B: 0, AF: 0.0, Hands: 4
CO ($13.72)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, K
1 fold, MP raises $0.35, 1 fold, Button calls $0.35, 1 fold, Hero raises $1.35, MP calls $1.10, Button calls $1.10

Flop: ($4.40) J, Q, 8 (3 players)
Hero checks, MP checks, Button checks

Turn: ($4.40) 6 (3 players)
Hero bets $1.99, 1 fold, Button calls $1.99

River: ($8.38) 9 (2 players)
Hero bets $5.61, Button calls $5.61 (All-In)

Total pot: $19.60

Results below:
Click to show hidden text

Old
Wed Apr 16, 2014, 10:32 AM
(#2)
(Head Trainer)
Hi dirt,

I would prefer to c-bet the flop here, as I don't really want to offer TT/99 and the like a free card and I'd like to put pressure on them, as well as AJ type hands... and there are a number of turn cards we can barrel depending on what happens. Another problem with checking the flop is it caps our range. What do we have when we check? It's a wet board, we would be c-betting AA/KK/QQ/JJ/AQ for value and protection. If you take those out of our range that began as a preflop 3-bet squeeze from out of position, what do you have left? A few lite 3b's that are giving up because they got called by both players pre, or slowing down because they have marginal showdown value like AJ/A8, and AK.

So in light of that I see a few problems with the river plan. One is that we never have strong hands here, so anyone ranging us with any semblance of skill will have an easy time calling. The other is that our target seems like a poor candidate... once the loose goose calls the turn bet, he's got something, and probably doesn't like to fold. If he's putting some thought into our range, he certainly won't fold any pair. And lastly, the river card is really bad for us, it favors the player in position and he has a lot more tens in his range than we do. We basically have TT. He's got AT/KT/QT/JT/TT/T9/T8. The times he doesn't hold a ten, he will fairly frequently either have or have rivered 2 pair.

It was a good idea to try and isolate preflop on the loose button caller, but this time it didn't pan out. It's ok to give up.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Apr 16, 2014, 11:40 AM
(#3)
K, thanks. I figured I missed an opportunity OTF. Should have cbet the flop.

Old
Wed Apr 16, 2014, 01:45 PM
(#4)
Since: Apr 2012
This is good flop for our opponents, but i agree with Dave on cbetting, we have two overs, gutshot and backdoor flush draw, we can always c/f turn and then river if vill checks back.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com