Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

3.30 progressive ko

Old
3.30 progressive ko - Tue Apr 15, 2014, 11:55 PM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2012
i think this may be a standard fold here in this spot... just making sure....

also calling in position instead of a 3b...

couldnt get no stats... as pt4 is not working properly...

the early limp i read as AA or not much.... from experience its usually one or the other but more the other... its the one in the blinds im more worried about... and when looking at it if i knew all hole cards, i think its a fold as at best we are splitting in a 3 way pot..

Old
Wed Apr 16, 2014, 12:51 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi 666bonez187!

With JJ, I get an open-limp (which I agree is normally something marginal or possibly a monster) and then a raise to 240.

Due to my stack size, I cannot call here. If I want to call to try to setmine, then I need to have 15x the bet in both my stack and the opp's stacks and I don't have that much, so this is not an option.

My choices now, are to raise or fold. I now need to look at what a standard raise sizing will be. I would need to raise to 3x the previous bet (720) and this bet is going to cause another problem, as it is very close to pot-committing me. Due to this, I now have to shove or fold.

Without a read on not only the players already in the pot, but the ones behind me, and due to the fact that this is a progressive KO (the knockouts get worth more later in the tourney), I'm going to let JJ go here in a situation where I could easily be in a multi-way pot and save my chips for later, when I can get more out of KO'ing someone.

Another key with knockout tournaments. While the KO money is nice, the real money is in getting ITM and into the top 3 in the tourney. I don't want to risk winning the larger money to take a shot at smaller money earlier in the tourney.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Apr 16, 2014, 01:01 AM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2012
ok cool ty...

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com