Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

50NL 6-max advanced? No it's just 5NL

Old
50NL 6-max advanced? No it's just 5NL - Wed Apr 16, 2014, 02:20 AM
(#1)
Since: May 2011
So in advance,

Sorry, I'm just letting off a bit of steam, so what is the new advanced, bronze to chrome or 5NL to 10NL?

With no hud is it brave or stupid to just call down with A4s turn 2 pair top kicker? No river bet saves me!

The only difference 5NL vs 10NL is you get a shoved on some random river card.

On tilt and sad to learn I haven't a clue in micro vs low stakes; pre is fine, flop ok, turn should be sorted and then the river.

Need to step away from poker soon, but hey, good news I just won a pot!

Old
Wed Apr 16, 2014, 06:49 AM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2012
First of all I don't like having a flatting range in the sb vs btn steal 100bb deep unless there is a fish in the bb or some other rare factor.

As played I like the flop call with all the backdoors under the sun.

The turn improves our hand, so I don't like calling flop to fold turn.

If you aren't comfortable calling the turn then don't call the flop.

Old
Wed Apr 16, 2014, 10:09 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Forrest,

I too don't like the preflop call, our hand is easier to play restealing vs. a button open imo. Like birdayy said, if the BB is a huge fish that we want to play pots with, that's a good reason to call, to invite them in.

Post flop seems fine. I sort of disagree with birdayy on the river... I'm not sure we have to call a big river bet all the time here. Our hand is pretty face up, we look like a small pair, and in btn vs blind they expect to get called down more so we are going to get value bet by 9x and mid pairs+, while also seeing air give up more often. It also depends on villain reads of course, with which we can make a more informed decision... if villain is an aggro stealer and aggro barreler, then river is an easy check/call. But in general playing in the dark I expect us to win frequently when the river goes check/check, but not so much when it goes check/bet.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Apr 16, 2014, 01:31 PM
(#4)
Since: Sep 2012
^ I didn't mention the river because we didn't face a bet?

If we did I would either x/raise or fold depending on the villain and how thin they go for value.

Old
Wed Apr 16, 2014, 01:45 PM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdayy View Post
If you aren't comfortable calling the turn then don't call the flop.
Sorry birdayy, I misread this as river/turn and not turn/flop. Reading comprehension ftw.

I agree that a c/r can be nice on the river vs. a thin value bettor, particularly one that routinely bet/folds.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com