Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

Getting back on Track!!!

Old
Getting back on Track!!! - Wed Apr 16, 2014, 08:45 AM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2014
BronzeStar
Very new to poker world, though always had an interest, and been playing for close to 5 months now..

It was fast and quick to put the Poker basics in play and have been really seriously playing since last two months only.

It worries me that, though I had intermittent success, my overall ROI is negative and makes me think if there is anything that I am doing is fundamentally wrong!!

I usually play tourneys with not more than $2-$3 buy-ins (usually in top 25% and reached final table couple of times), SNG with 0.50p - 1.50p (Usually finish in top 25%) buyin but majorly $0.5 / $1 cash games (earn in the beginning but tend to loose by the time I leave that table)

Any suggestions, quick tips, traps to look out for which can help me be back on track are much appreciated!!

Old
Wed Apr 16, 2014, 01:37 PM
(#2)
Since: Apr 2012
Insufficient info, give us your stats for both tourney and cash, what is your sample size for games. Cash games - you need to find out where you lose money, position, hands, etc. Whether you call too light or fold too much, etc. It is such complex problem that you cant really tell one answer.
Post hands on forum, let others look and spot your mistakes.
If you do not have HUD, have one, HEM2 and Pokertracker both have trial periods.
I looked into pokerprolabs you have only played about 40 tourneys this year this is very small amount, just grind 2NL cash or 0.25$ tourneys and get some experience and get better.

Last edited by CrazYJohnnie; Wed Apr 16, 2014 at 01:40 PM..

Old
Getting back on Track!!!! - Sun Apr 20, 2014, 11:27 AM
(#3)
BronzeStar
Thank You for your reply!!! I am definitely start to discuss my hands more often!!!

Is there a link where I can figure out how to post hands to this forum???

Old
Sun Apr 20, 2014, 11:34 AM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
HERE is a link to the replayer's instructions. Hands at 5NL or below can be posted in the Basic Poker Hand Discussions forum and 10NL or above can be put in the Advanced Cash Game Reviews forum.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Apr 20, 2014, 11:51 AM
(#5)
BronzeStar
Thank You!!!

Old
Sun Apr 20, 2014, 01:59 PM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
Hi vjgaming,

Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Here is a link to help familiarize you with all the features and services available at PSO. Feel free to look around the forum and post any of your comments or questions.

You are invited to join the PokerSchoolOnline Community Home Games Club, and information on how to join the club may be found HERE. This month the PSO home games club will be hosting the Spring Fever.

Hope to see you there!

Joss

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com