Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

Starting hands.

Old
Starting hands. - Wed Apr 16, 2014, 08:42 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2014
Hi guys i plan to play full ring 2nl cash games starting tomorrow. I've been flicking through the cash game course on here and it gives a list of starting hands and how to play them, do you guys think that is a pretty fool proof list to go by? I would paste it but it would be a very long post!

Cheers.

Old
Thu Apr 17, 2014, 06:51 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Poker is very situational. You need to adjust your own starting hand range depending on what type of opponents are at your table.

The starting hand chart is a good guide for beginners but you can never say that I will play this hand in this position, poker just doesn't work like that.

Use PokerStove to play around with some different hand ranges. As a general rule of thumb play a tight range in early position and loosen up a little in late position, but again, it all depends on the dynamics of the table you are at.

Cheers,
Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com