Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2NL Suited connectors BB

Old
2NL Suited connectors BB - Thu Apr 17, 2014, 08:01 AM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2014

Hi guys i'm new to the cash game scene and was wondering if i could get a review on how i played these suited connectors.

This was the first hand of the table so all these guys were new to me.

Thanks

Old
Thu Apr 17, 2014, 08:48 AM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
(Moderator)
xxx Post moved to appropriate forum xxx

Old
Thu Apr 17, 2014, 03:10 PM
(#3)
Since: Apr 2012
Call preflop is ok with two villains calling opener, if everyone would fold i suggest you also fold, especially being new to cash games and OOP is always hard to play with 8 high. Flop is kinda 50/50, because we are not drawing to nuts, if J hits, KQ beats us, if villain 1 bets turn, fold. Obviously QJ beat us on the river, but at 2NL villains will pretty often raise here with sets, two pairs etc., that you can call minraise.

Old
Thu Apr 17, 2014, 05:21 PM
(#4)
Since: May 2012
hi xtrey,

I think your call preflop is perfect we are closing the action getting a great price in a multiway pot and these are the spots you want to play suited connectors, being in pos. would be better. but calling here is fine.

on the flop you could either x/call or x/raise here. I think either is ok. in the micro stakes I probably lean to the x/call because I don't think anybody is folding a pair here.

on river I would have re raised for value the other guy is all in so I think we can play a side pot vs the button.

John

Old
Thu Apr 17, 2014, 05:45 PM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2012
I don't think I play a street differently here.

Nice hand, pity you had to shre it with the BTN though.

Not sure what villain 1 had but what on earth did he fold on the river that could call 35c and not the extra 16c. Little bit weird from him.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com