Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

10NL RUSH, KJo OOP 3B Pot

Old
10NL RUSH, KJo OOP 3B Pot - Thu Apr 17, 2014, 03:12 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
Without being results oriented, is this a spot where I should be double barreling?

Funny what this guy decided to do...

saw flop | saw showdown

CO ($22.85)
Button ($10.05) VPIP: 48, PFR: 48, 3B: 43, AF: 5.0, Hands: 21
Hero (SB) ($10.20)
BB ($16.47)
UTG ($4)
MP ($3.66)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K, J
3 folds, Button raises $0.35, Hero raises $1.10, 1 fold, Button calls $0.80

Flop: ($2.40) 8, Q, Q (2 players)
Hero bets $1.20, Button calls $1.20

Turn: ($4.80) 10 (2 players)
Hero bets $2.40, Button raises $7.70 (All-In), Hero calls $5.30

River: ($20.20) 5 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $20.20

Results below:
Click to show hidden text

Old
Thu Apr 17, 2014, 03:30 PM
(#2)
Since: Jan 2013
Dont know why you would barrel a calling station, im sure your 3b pre is for value so why turn it into a bluff when you expect him to call down when you flop top pair, i would cbet flop unless he never folds and then im done vs this player type atleast anyway.

Old
Fri Apr 18, 2014, 10:03 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2011
(Live Trainer)
Preflop seems fine given the loose button tendencies and you being OOP. If you c-bet this flop I feel you are kind of obligated to fire again OTT vs his smaller pairs. I don't expect to get jammed here too often so with the picked up equity we should be doing fine. I would probably still bet/fold as most of the hands jamming here may have you crushed too often and your outs may not be clean.

Live Trainer

Old
Fri Apr 18, 2014, 10:53 AM
(#4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSO-xflixx View Post
Preflop seems fine given the loose button tendencies and you being OOP. If you c-bet this flop I feel you are kind of obligated to fire again OTT vs his smaller pairs. I don't expect to get jammed here too often so with the picked up equity we should be doing fine. I would probably still bet/fold as most of the hands jamming here may have you crushed too often and your outs may not be clean.

Im slightly confused here if with have no fold equity why would we bet if he is a calling station, we can check and hit 1 of 14 outs vs his small pairs he isnt folding on the turn?

then Qx isnt folding JT 9T 99 TT JJ KT AT and any other draws his got.

Old
Sat Apr 19, 2014, 05:09 PM
(#5)
Since: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike2198 View Post
Im slightly confused here if with have no fold equity why would we bet if he is a calling station, we can check and hit 1 of 14 outs vs his small pairs he isnt folding on the turn?

then Qx isnt folding JT 9T 99 TT JJ KT AT and any other draws his got.

Where do you get the idea villain is a calling station?? he's playing 48/48/43... that's very loose and very agressive, not a calling station at all.

Old
Sat Apr 19, 2014, 07:01 PM
(#6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkleefstra View Post
Where do you get the idea villain is a calling station?? he's playing 48/48/43... that's very loose and very agressive, not a calling station at all.
There basically the same players both are very sticky with there wide range the difference is this guy ships 66 in on the turn so hes an even worse player to bluff imo, im not dis agreeing with felix, hes obviously better than me but it still looks to me like we have 0 fold equity on the turn vs his 3b flatting range, so i was hoping felix would say why this turn card would be a double barrel here other than we turned a ton of river outs.

Obviously i dont know his 3b flatting range because no 3b stats were given but these type of players will defend anything that looks playable so im assuming on this turn he isnt folding pretty much anything.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com