Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

pp vs pp

Old
pp vs pp - Fri Apr 18, 2014, 05:37 AM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2014
how does this happen so often
sitting there with kk guy next to me with aa look at the board nothing to scare you off just typical

following the guide below to work out the chances the guy after me would have aces there is a 2% chance you would feel thats fairly good odds your safe well clearly not
**deleted link per TOS JWK24**

Last edited by JWK24; Fri Apr 18, 2014 at 10:57 AM..

Old
Fri Apr 18, 2014, 11:01 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
**moved to more appropriate forum JWK24**

bet sizes, bet sizes, bet sizes.

Preflop, a standard opening bet is 3BB+1BB for each limper. With no limpers, I need to bet 180... no more.. no less.

Postflop, bets need to be sized based on the size of the pot, number of opps and board texture. With 2 opps, I need to bet 2/3 pot.. no more.. no less.

The only time that I want to not make the standard bet is if this bet is over 1/3 of my remaining chips, which pot-commits ma and means that I need to shove.

Players that bet more with better hands and less with marginal ones are basically turning their cards face-up to an observant opponent, which is something that I absolutely need to avoid.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Apr 18, 2014, 02:47 PM
(#3)
Since: May 2012
I agree with John here. Deep stacked or in cash games I size my bets depending on position and not the strength of my hand, I may adjust my sizings now and then to experiment but not based on the strength of my hand.

On the flop what were you trying to accomplish with the over bet shove? You are value owning yourself here. You are folding out all the pairs under the Queen and even some top pair hands that you want value from and usually only getting called by hands that beat you. On that dry of a board I don't want to bet so big that nobody can call.

John (FireMedic815)

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com