Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

Passive Vs Aggressive

Old
Passive Vs Aggressive - Sun Apr 20, 2014, 12:06 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2014
BronzeStar

What do you think? Could this have played more aggressively by the HERO?

Old
Sun Apr 20, 2014, 12:34 PM
(#2)
BronzeStar

One hand requiring analysis

Old
Sun Apr 20, 2014, 12:44 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
** moved to Advanced NLHE Cash Game Reviews (10NL Plus) **

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Apr 20, 2014, 02:54 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
First hand is fine. You could have gone for a XR OTF, but as played is fine.

Second hand, I don't like the DONKbet. This isn't good. We aren't accomplishing anything here my DONKbetting. I would XC OTF. Maybe XC OTT depending on the villains sizing and or tendencies of double barreling. And XF OTR.

Old
Sun Apr 20, 2014, 07:02 PM
(#5)
Since: Apr 2010
Hand 1 is ok. His bet looks so weak on the flop, I'd have been tempted to throw in a c/raise.

Hand 2 I would just fold pre flop. Sure it's great when you hit a disguised straight/2pair/flush...but facig an utg raise it just gets you in tough situations post flop more often than not.

If you're going to make those calls pre you need to be comfortable with your post flop game and knowing where you are at in the hand. As played I would just fold the river.

If i was the villain I would have a pretty good idea of your hand range on the river given your line and be able to value town you quite easily.

Old
Mon Apr 21, 2014, 02:43 AM
(#6)
Since: Jan 2013
Hand 1 is burning money on the turn OOP, villain would have to call a pretty big donk on the river, its obvious he is checking back on any river.

Hand 2 im not so sure because i dont see pro short stackers at my stacks but my guess is he isnt a fish and your asking for trouble calling his UTG open, i would just fold even with juicy odds your probably gonna lose more money calling 1 or 2 bets than you are when you win his 40bb stack when you hit two pair+

Old
Mon Apr 21, 2014, 10:42 AM
(#7)
Since: Jun 2011
(Live Trainer)
Hey vjgaming, welcome to the forums!

In hand 1 I think flatting pre is good, although 3-betting could be too depending on the opponent's tendencies and whether or not you would like to BB to be in that pot. I actually think that leading out OTF could be quite a good option here as you can take down the pot with some FE and fall back on some outs even OOP. Calling turn OOP with the 2nd nutflushdraw when the board pairs even for the price you're being given doesn't seem attractive. You could draw to a 2nd best hand or not manage to make any more money when a flushcard hits. I would check/fold here with villain showing decent aggression multiway on 2 streets.

In hand 2 I think calling in the BB is good given the price, from there I'd check/call flop and have villain take a stab with worse instead of leading out with a bad kicker. We're probably only getting called by a lot better hands and can't expect to make too much money from a wider range that we could be up against had we checked. Same applies for the turn and on the river it seems like he is gunning for some thin value so I'd fold there.

Live Trainer

Old
Mon Apr 28, 2014, 05:58 PM
(#8)
BronzeStar
Thank You all!! Some valuable insights

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com