Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

5nl zoom 6max, sigh folding a boat...

Old
5nl zoom 6max, sigh folding a boat... - Sun Apr 20, 2014, 02:05 PM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2010
Villain is 14/13 through 109 hands. flop cbet 40% of 5 occasions. Bet turn each time also.

I think the hand plays itself? I just think i'll always see AJ, AA, KJ suited whenever I call the river. From villains perspective what could I have called the flop with? Looks like he wants a J to call.

His cbet stats, and rock tendencies made me sigh fold. Thoughts?

Old
Sun Apr 20, 2014, 02:22 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2012
I think its a correct fold in the end.

The only value hands that I can ever see him turning up with here that we beat is AK and AQ. I don't think AT takes such a strong line here. I don't think QQ takes such a strong line either.

His line, his stats, his position in this hand all make me think he was either ahead at all points in the hand (JJ) or he turned or rivered us.

Old
Sun Apr 20, 2014, 04:51 PM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2013
If he barrels AK/AQ you have to call the river.

Old
Sun Apr 20, 2014, 05:07 PM
(#4)
Since: Oct 2011
Since it's multiway, I suppose flatting the flop is good, as you want to keep flush draws in the pot drawing dead, but there's also an argument for raising straight away, as the villain often has a jack or overpair when he comes out firing, and you can get value from that.
As played, you're hardly ever good on the turn, let alone the river, so you made a nice fold.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Apr 20, 2014, 06:57 PM
(#5)
Since: Apr 2010
Yeah I mean I think it's worth taking the chance of bringing the player in the blinds along to the turn. Obviously trying to gii on most turns. Thanks guys felt it was an obvious fold just wanted opinions.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com