Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

2X EPT Champ

Old
Cool
2X EPT Champ - Sun Apr 20, 2014, 11:05 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2010
It's finally happened, we have a two time EPT champ. Victoria Coren Mitchell came from behind to win her second EPT title. Huge congrats to Vicky, this will help raise the profile of women in poker.

We CAN beat the guys, as Vicky has shown.

Old
Mon Apr 21, 2014, 08:03 AM
(#2)
Since: Apr 2012
I was really excited when watching it. I'm a big fan of Vicky (not just for poker) and I don't think it could have happened to a nicer person. Wooo!

Tournament of Champions Winner 2013

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Apr 21, 2014, 08:24 AM
(#3)
Since: Nov 2012
BronzeStar
Dont watch the WPT/EPT as much as i used to.
Always good to see women getting their fair dues, its pretty much a mans sport. I am a man myself and really love the idea of more women playing and winning.

Old
ept - Mon Apr 21, 2014, 09:33 AM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
what did she win the main event or the high roller?also what city was this tournament in?

Old
Mon Apr 21, 2014, 10:46 AM
(#5)
Since: Apr 2012
It was the main event she won, in Sanremo. She's first person to win two main event titles on the EPT. Pretty big deal for the tour and I think for poker in general in the UK. She has quite a following of non-poker players who may now take an interest which is pretty exciting. The twitter feed when watching the live stream was blowing up with all the new people who tuned in to watch and a lot of interest from them. Wouldn't be surprised to see some of them turn up here tbh.

Tournament of Champions Winner 2013

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Apr 21, 2014, 10:54 AM
(#6)
Since: Jul 2010
Very Cool

But Folks.......IMO.....your sex has nothing to do with your ability to Win this game, she won because she is great at this game....plain and simple.

But sure is very Cool she did this.....right on you great poker player...hiccup

Cheers All

Old
Mon Apr 21, 2014, 11:05 AM
(#7)
Since: Nov 2012
BronzeStar
Of course Gender should have no bearing on your ability as a Poker Player but from an image point of view, there is a lot of preconceptions around the game. It is a mans game and women don't often play it.

Much like the reverse for Bingo.

I don't agree with those preconceptions and I believe that this game is one that any man/woman of any age or nationality can learn. People with a better head for maths may do better, people who are more assertive may not do better and people who can control their emotions may do better --- however there is a reason why a great deal of the same poker players win constantly, it is often because they have the right mindset, training and approach to the game to produce consistent winning results.

I do think though that women have a poor image in the poker world and that will only change once more women take to the sport. Pokerstars are heavily promoting the idea of women playing - I am sure this is a marketing ploy and means extra $$$ in their pockets but that still doesn't change the fact there are a lot of drivers for women to get more involved in playing the game and I really hope to see more women playing.

First WSOP main even won by a woman, that would be unreal!

Old
Mon Apr 21, 2014, 01:38 PM
(#8)
Since: May 2011
This was exciting to watch. She won nearly £400K plus a £4k watch:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/pe...e-9273175.html

Old
ept - Mon Apr 21, 2014, 11:04 PM
(#9)
Since: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForrestFive View Post
This was exciting to watch. She won nearly £400K plus a £4k watch:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/pe...e-9273175.html
thats a pretty small cash prize compared to other ept events,most are double that

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com