SB: $103.62 - VPIP: 44, PFR: 30, 3B: 14, AF: 3.4, Hands: 282
BB: $50.00 - VPIP: 52, PFR: 43, 3B: 10.1, AF: 2.8, Hands: 241

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is BTN with Q K
Hero raises to $1.04, SB raises to $4.25, 1 fold, Hero calls $3.21

Flop: ($9.00) 7 5 T (2 players)
SB bets $5.01, Hero calls $5.01

Turn: ($19.02) 7 (2 players)
SB bets $11.05, Hero raises to $40.96

He seemed to be pretty aggro over a smallish sample. Preflop is pretty standard.

OTF raising is an option but I don't really like raise/folding so much equity with 2 overs and a flush draw. It's a pretty clear fold if he 3bets the flop imo, so I decide to call.

So on this turn when he double barrels it's kind of a weird spot. The 7 is a really bad card for him. I wouldn't expect him to cbet any 7x, and I have quite a few 7x in my range.

Because of this he's representing a really narrow range such as flushes, sets, and badly played JdJx-AdAx.

I don't think he has enough flushes to make me worry about jamming 7x, so I think KQ falls into the category of the bottom of my turn range, so it's a good hand to turn into a bluff.

I also block KK and QQ, KQdd, QJdd etc so that's an added bonus.

With all that said, I think it's a good spot to jam with a fair bit of fold equity?

Old
Mon Apr 21, 2014, 10:49 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2011
(Live Trainer)
The defend pre is standard given 3-handed dynamics and an aggro villain. I would prefer 4-betting with 2 blockers here as long as I don't know his postflop tendencies too much though, but flatting is obviously fine too.

Flop seems like an easy call given our equity against his bluffs and better. I think we could even consider raise/folding a hand like this here with the reasons you stated and a lot of turns that we will be faced with further aggression. Against a range that bet/jams our equity will be poor mostly anyway so I don't mind r/f here.

I somehow dislike turn as it is one of those cards where people will never give up an overpair as they will tell themselves its a good card for them and a bad one for you. We also block AQ/AK a fair bit which would be the candidates that I would be looking to fold out here mostly.

I think with only the 3rd NFD and 2 overs that could not be clean I'd just fold turn here.

Live Trainer

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com