Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Brags, Beats and Variance /

Made Silverstar for the first time

Old
Made Silverstar for the first time - Mon Apr 21, 2014, 05:57 AM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2012
BronzeStar
I haven't hit Silverstar before but this month I have managed it for the first time.

Doesn't change much but its a lovely bdage of honor

Old
Mon Apr 21, 2014, 07:01 AM
(#2)
More fpp's too

Well done

Old
Mon Apr 21, 2014, 07:06 AM
(#3)
BronzeStar
yup
I can never find anything good to spend them on... either I leak them on the crappy SNG games that don't lead to anything or I play the bronzestar freerolls.

Would be good to have a plan as to what to spend them on

I think i played a lot this month, lots of cash games (probably too much) and i dont think i will easily replicate silverstar next month, not unless i can win a few big cashes and improve my buy-in level, but no rush for that.

I can always make chromestar, that isnt a worry for me.

So minimum, i have the whole of April and May to enjoy Silverstar

Old
Mon Apr 21, 2014, 07:16 AM
(#4)
Iv saved up 2.5k fpp's and im starting spending them today in the big bang satty's. You can also grind them up in the mega path sattys to major events by registering in round 2 and grind the round 1 sats and so on. I think most people just waste them away but i want to see how much i can make out of my fpp's as it is essentially our rake back and the big bang satty look like great value imo.

It took me a while to make my first silver status, but once you know what it takes its pretty easy iv made every month up until this last month because iv cut my volume right down.

Last edited by DrDonkin; Mon Apr 21, 2014 at 07:20 AM..

Old
Mon Apr 21, 2014, 07:41 AM
(#5)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Congrats on the Silver Star!!

Old
Mon Apr 21, 2014, 09:36 AM
(#6)
Since: Jan 2012
Congrats on the Silver Star! I'm aiming for that soon enough too. You did it playing cash games or tournament?

Old
Mon Apr 21, 2014, 09:54 AM
(#7)
Since: Jul 2011
BronzeStar
grats m8

Triple Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Apr 21, 2014, 09:56 AM
(#8)
BronzeStar
I kinda went a bit crazy in cash, i would say that the majority was cash since the VPP from those is far stronger than in tournaments. To get Silverstar playing JUST tournaments, I would need to play my regular SNG game (27-man $1.50 at the moment) 431 times!! - per day thats 15 per day, which depending on how busy I am can sound like a lot but possibly do-able.

I have put a freeze on me playing cash right now, its too easy to gamble playing them and im not +EV with them. So next month, realisticly, I am either going to be playing the $1.50 games (and need to run 15 per day consistently) or grow my bankroll and rise to the $3.50 games where I am only needing to do 1/2 as much.

Either way, I feel like I stuck my afterburners on this month, unless i can bink a nice MTT and score a big bankroll, I am most likely likely looking at just Chromestar in June.

Old
Mon Apr 21, 2014, 10:44 AM
(#9)
Congrats on SilverStar! More Fpp's and entry into the Silverstar 100 fpp tournament for a chance at a big payday

For spending Fpp's I like to wait until I reach roughly 1000 fpp's and open up 4 Sunday Storm 235 fpp satellites. Top two get 11T$ so chances are if you are any good in SNG you will cash atlleast 1/3 of the time or more if super lucky. Its better than using them on $10 for 1000 fpp from VIP store imo

Old
Mon Apr 21, 2014, 11:27 AM
(#10)
Since: Oct 2011
Congrats on the silver Baud,see you in gold freeroll

Old
Mon Apr 21, 2014, 06:20 PM
(#11)
Since: Dec 2012
BronzeStar
Yeah good on ya baud glad to have helped you to achieve that lol

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com