Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

NL10 Zoom, Tricky River spot, Call or Re-raise?

Old
NL10 Zoom, Tricky River spot, Call or Re-raise? - Mon Apr 21, 2014, 01:59 PM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2011
Hi,
No reads here, villains turn bet suggested Ax (possible As)
As no pre/post flop strength shown I think I have to call turn bet as I don't put villain on two spades here.
They could have turned two pair with Ax or As.
River As, I dont know where I am regarding villains betting,
but I have to at least call the river bet with nut flush.
Or can villain have made a FH on the river?
I decided to just call river as any re-raise is only ahead.
If I re-shove the river I possibly fold out any Ax?

Comments welcome on how hand was played.

Old
Mon Apr 21, 2014, 02:35 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2012
I've kind of forgotten what my pre-flop ranges would be from this position in full ring but I dunno if I am opening it from here, I can't honestly remember, even though I only stopped playing FR this year.

I guess its ok though.

Post flop, I think you played it fine, I don't like to shove river on the paired board. I think he can have made 444AA, 777AA but unlikely to have made JJJAA. AAAJJ I guess is reasonable too as its not exactly an insta 3bet or anything.

I think you played it well if you think he will pay you off when the flush hits.

Old
Mon Apr 21, 2014, 10:38 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi F1sh,

This seems like a good turn card for us to barrel, as we've picked up a gut shot and it's a scare card to most of his flop calling range, one that hits our range a fair bit. So not really sure about check/calling and giving up the lead tbh.

As played I think check/calling is fine, although check/shoving or leading out for an overbet might be better options here as it looks so bluffy on this run out after we check/call turn, we will get looked up by Ax and obviously if he was on a spade draw too we overflush him, so I think there's enough compensation for the times we run into a boat.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com