Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

KK 4 to a straight and paired board - River value?

Old
KK 4 to a straight and paired board - River value? - Mon Apr 21, 2014, 03:12 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2012
I suck at these spots, still, but hopefully not for too much longer.

Hand plays itself pretty much but again on the river, should this be just a check back, we're beating all over pairs to the board apart from AA but 77-33 beats us and we are beat by numerous two pair, straight and set possibilities which against an unknown in the blinds is definitely can't be discounted.

Is this just a bet/fold spot if he comes over the top?

Old
Mon Apr 21, 2014, 03:18 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
Pretty thin to bet this river.

Old
Mon Apr 21, 2014, 04:02 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt eh View Post
Pretty thin to bet this river.
It is pretty thin, but, would he not be raising his value hands somewhere before the river? River only improves 4x or sets that were overly worried about a flush hitting.

A2 and 6x were already there too and could/should have raised for value.

Old
Mon Apr 21, 2014, 04:25 PM
(#4)
That board crushes/misses most CC ranges in the SB vs. BTN open. Any stats on the villain? Read-less, I give the villain 44-77 and all suited broadway diamonds. I guess it depends what you think the villains CC range in the SB is and what types of hands you can extract value from.

You could bet fold but looking at the action OTT. I would assume the villain has a set of 2 diamonds... What are you looking to get paid from? 88-JJ? If you think they're CCing with 88-JJ then I think we can bet fold here for about 9/16th pot. LOL

Old
Mon Apr 21, 2014, 11:00 PM
(#5)
(Head Trainer)
Hi bhoy,

With no reads other than the play of this hand, I would bet about $1.50 for value here. We block some of the busted flush draws, and can have busted draws in our range, so I do think we are getting called by 88-JJ, A7, 75, A5.

If you're not comfortable folding to a c/r, then just check and show it down, it's probably a tad thin if we are paying off a raise. I doubt villain would be bluffing much in that situation, since he's already had an opportunity to bluff the scare card on the turn, and lead river, but passed both those bluff chances up.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com