Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

10NL RUSH, AKo Bet, Fold FTW

Old
10NL RUSH, AKo Bet, Fold FTW - Tue Apr 22, 2014, 01:43 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
River sizing and decision, please comment.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - Full Tilt Converter Tool from http://flopturnriver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

SB ($11.15)
Hero (BB) ($12.28)
UTG ($9.88)
MP ($5.49)
CO ($6.30)
Button ($10.98) VPIP: 28, PFR: 23, 3B: 20, AF: 1.7, Hands: 75

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, K
1 fold, MP calls $0.10, 1 fold, Button calls $0.10, 1 fold, Hero raises $0.35, 1 fold, Button calls $0.35

Flop: ($1.05) 9, K, K (2 players)
Hero bets $0.52, Button calls $0.52

Turn: ($2.09) J (2 players)
Hero bets $1.04, Button calls $1.04

River: ($4.17) 3 (2 players)
Hero bets $2.08, Button raises $8.97 (All-In), Hero folds

Total pot: $8.33

Results below:
Click to show hidden text

Old
Tue Apr 22, 2014, 02:23 PM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2010
Those are some weird stats for a limp/call from the BTN We don't expect to see a limp/call from someone with similar stats. What's your perception on this opponent? Do we have a hyper aggressive maniac in the SB that BTN is planning a tricky line? How does the villain perceive us?
Never the less, I don't think the villain will deter from the standard line of limping many medium to strong Kx hands. They might with some PPs, SCs, some broadways. 99, KJ, QT are the only hands that make sense here.

Size wise, I would not make it less than 0.50$ preflop. OTF, we kind of crush the board and although we want 3+ streets of value with our hand it's going to be hard to realize that so I think our decision to bet or check to induce or get value on later streets depends on how much they fold to cbets. It's such a tough spot OTR because a limp/call at those stakes reflect recreational players yet their stats are not horrible though on the high end, you don't see that huge gap between VPIP and PFR. I feel QT would be raising turn but 99 and KJ might just call and raise rivers. Can they raise with KQ/KT. River raises seem really strong and I think this is a disciplined fold.

Old
Tue Apr 22, 2014, 02:27 PM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2013
His over limp takes out any hands that beat you by the river but what hands can he over limp and bluff shove the river with or shove for value, maybe he shows up with the odd weak Kxs every now and again i still like the bet fold though.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com