Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2nl 6max zoom AKo river spot with 2 pair on scary board

Old
2nl 6max zoom AKo river spot with 2 pair on scary board - Tue Apr 22, 2014, 08:05 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2011
Here is my interesting spot of the day:

Only played one hand with this guy before so it's safe to say he's not a reg.

I have a note:

"call flop with 2 overs, call turn and river for full stack with top pair top kicker from turn"

Not sure what the board was, but he's marked as green, so probably a very wet/dangerous board and calling huge bets.

He takes a very strange line with the small bet on the turn which made me think about the situation, what are your thoughts?

Old
Wed Apr 23, 2014, 01:56 PM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2011
When a weak player overbets the river, he usually has the nuts. Although you have top two pairs, you should fold the river, as you're beat by stuff like KT, QT, JT, AT.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Apr 23, 2014, 05:01 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2012
I'm willing to believe he has a Tx hand here on the river. The exact hand he gets there with is irrelevant to an extent. His action just screams strength.

(lol)

Old
Wed Apr 23, 2014, 05:16 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
I agree! That bet is almost always 10x and since I can't beat a ten, I need to fold.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Apr 23, 2014, 06:41 PM
(#5)
Since: Dec 2013
I haven't played micro cash in a bit but.. Snapfold, not really an interesting spot.

It'd be a lot more interesting if he had more bluffs in his range..
Like if you didn't have the ace of spades and he raised for more than min.. Would mean he has a lot more airballs figuring you can't call if you don't have a ten.

Considering he's unknown it's hard to really identify his limping range but I'll guess his range he could take this line with would be something like A2-A9 of spades, 98 of spades, JT of spades, J9-J7 of spades ( any Jsxs really but I'm gonna assume J7s is the worst jack he plays ) , and any AT, any T9, ( he'd go in check/evaluate mode on either turn or river with sets/2 pair most of the time ) we have around 35% equity and getting just under 2 to 1 for a call, so its really marginal, but if you add a standard 5% spazz equity for microstakes ( chance of him having just random cards and is spazzing out ), it would become a clear call.

Not sure why I didn't go in depth on why this specific scenario is a fold but decided to think up a random different scenario using the same board instead, but I like making up poker thinking exercises so sue me .

Last edited by Quaquaversal; Wed Apr 23, 2014 at 06:54 PM..

Old
Fri Apr 25, 2014, 04:09 PM
(#6)
Since: Aug 2011
Usually I would just snap fold the river. But I felt the player was very fishy and the turn line really confused me.

I called and he showed 22.

Old
Sun Apr 27, 2014, 12:01 PM
(#7)
Since: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by craig121212 View Post
Usually I would just snap fold the river. But I felt the player was very fishy and the turn line really confused me.

I called and he showed 22.
Him being fishy makes it worse. Most fish aren't capable of bluffing that spot and even if they are, there are bound to be way better spots to get his money.
I hope you don't assume it was a good call because it worked, no being results oriented in poker!

I hope you abused your image of being a fish that can't get away from hands well though, can't imagine anyone on that table bluffing you after that :P

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com