Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

ft spot in 45 man stngo turbo

Old
ft spot in 45 man stngo turbo - Wed Apr 23, 2014, 01:48 AM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2013
hi , i always have some issue in this spots either in 45 man and in 90 man, i always have doubts about the correct nr of bbs in my stack to put pressure on (im almost sure that is call is wrong in terms of icm, but want opinions), i know we need to put pressure in the medium stacks, but should we do that only when we have a great chip lead? my thinking process was, the big and the shortest stack have folded, so i have a good spot to put pressure and my hand has decent against calling ranges of the blinds. was im wrong? are the micros bad to put this icm pressure? (it was a 1.50 stngo 7 paid. (no relevant stats on villians)

Old
Thu Apr 24, 2014, 11:19 AM
(#2)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarface763 View Post
i know we need to put pressure in the medium stacks, but should we do that only when we have a great chip lead? my thinking process was, the big and the shortest stack have folded, so i have a good spot to put pressure and my hand has decent against calling ranges of the blinds. was im wrong? are the micros bad to put this icm pressure? (it was a 1.50 stngo 7 paid. (no relevant stats on villians)
Hi scarface763

We should absolutely be applying pressure against the blinds in this spot. Both the small blind and the big blind have less than 12 big blinds which each and I would expect their calling range to be quite tight as we are only two spots away from the money and there's a short stack in seat number 7 which gives us extra fold equity.

I would happily cram 56s+any broadway and any ace in this spot. I think villains call with A7s is rather speculative but it's close. If I were in villains shoes I would expect to get better results by folding the hand and waiting for a better spot.

Nice hand, Chris.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com