Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

Qq vs xx

Old
Qq vs xx - Wed Apr 23, 2014, 07:14 AM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2014
BronzeStar
i do not have video to show but i wont some general opinion about this

in MP i had QQ standard reis to 3 BB (only play 3 hands on thet table so do not have any player history ) player from the BUTTON re-reis me to 8 BB

i just call

flop

3H 7S JH

I CHECK HE REIS 7 BB I JUST CALL

TURN

9S I CHECK HE REIS 25 BB I CALL

RIVER

5X (NO POSIBILITY OF FLUSH )

I CHECK HE PUSH ALL IN AND I CALL

He had AA

so my question is this standrad play and i do not get chence to fold unless i am pro player or every good playwer will fold this QQ HAND in similar situations

Old
Wed Apr 23, 2014, 09:29 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
I think you did what must players would do in this spot, but here's the thing, your opponent showed all the aggression here in position, he played AA exactly how it should be played which is aggressively.

If he was a good player he could have 3-bet you on the button with Pocket J's and flopped a set.

My point is that once he 3-bet you preflop all you did for the rest of the hand was check-call to showdown. This is not good

Why?

If you check-raised maybe on the flop and turn maybe, just maybe your opponent may have let go of AA thinking you had flopped a Set. But you gave him no reason to do anything else only to keep betting.

If you want to win a pot like this you must fight for it, and don't forget QQ, KK, and AA are great starting hands but they're still just one pair so if you are going to play them do so very aggressively.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Last edited by royalraise85; Wed Apr 23, 2014 at 09:31 AM..

Old
Wed Apr 23, 2014, 01:53 PM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2011
I think it's played fine, at least until the river, but I'd need to know the exact stack sizes to make a judgment there. If the river bet is very large in relation to the pot, I can find a fold there, as you're only beating TT and bluffs, which seem unlikely. When a villain triple-barrels all in after 3-betting pre-flop, he can usually beat a pair of queens.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Apr 23, 2014, 02:07 PM
(#4)
BronzeStar
thenk you
for you opinions

i wos commited on river so the river bet wos to late for anything i need to push 32 BB for a pot of 112 BB he played very well

Last edited by PRO_VEKSINHO; Wed Apr 23, 2014 at 02:09 PM..

Old
Wed Apr 23, 2014, 02:14 PM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
I agree with Arty. Stack size information is extremely important and would influence my decision. I would play the hand differently based on this, so please provide this information and I will let you know how I'd play it.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Apr 23, 2014, 04:52 PM
(#6)
BronzeStar
ok game NL HOLDEM 0.01 /0.O2 cent

i had about 1. 5 $ (75 BB )

and other bleyer had 2 $ ( 100 BB )

Old
Wed Apr 23, 2014, 05:15 PM
(#7)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Preflop, I'm definitely going to re-raise since I'm out of position. If the opp 3-bets to 8BB, I'm going to 4-bet to 20BB. If the opp 5-bets me, then I need a read on them as to whether they're tight or loose. If they're loose, I'm shoving preflop. If they're extremely tight, I'm going to fold to the 5-bet.

I do not want to just call them and I absolutely would not check the flop when holding an overpair on a board with a flush draw available. If I had chips left (which I most likely wouldn't), I need to make a 1/2 pot bet on the flop.

The real key here though is that I need to 4-bet, then shove or fold preflop if the opp 5-bets.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Apr 23, 2014, 07:50 PM
(#8)
BronzeStar
ok ty but only problem thet wos 3 -rd hand on thet table and no player history with thet player so do not know if he is loose or tight , so if he 5-bet me again i wouldnt know where i am

thank you all you help me a lot

Old
Mon Nov 17, 2014, 02:29 PM
(#9)
Since: Sep 2014
and when you check call flop where are you stand ?

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com