Poker Stars $25.00 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 2479683
DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BB: $121.10 - VPIP: 31, PFR: 19, 3B: 0, AF: 5.0, Hands: 26
UTG: $65.54 - VPIP: 30, PFR: 23, 3B: 6, AF: 2.3, Hands: 968
CO: $107.14 - VPIP: 31, PFR: 8, 3B: 0, AF: 0.2, Hands: 86
BTN: $105.16 - VPIP: 25, PFR: 21, 3B: 7, AF: 2.0, Hands: 135
Hero (SB): $125.80

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is SB with A K
UTG raises to $1.50, 1 fold, BTN calls $1.50, Hero raises to $7.05, 2 folds, BTN calls $5.55

Flop: ($16.10) T 7 Q (2 players)
Hero bets $10.08, BTN calls $10.08

Turn: ($36.26) 3 (2 players)
Hero bets $18.00, BTN calls $18

River: ($72.26) 3 (2 players)
Hero bets $90.62

I don't BTNs range is that strong tbh, and since we block AK/KQ I think I have to go for it with this combo?

Had some conflicting advice whether to shove river or not.

Thoughts?

Old
Thu Apr 24, 2014, 10:51 AM
(#2)
Since: Nov 2011
I think this is kind of similar to another hand you posted with respect to blockers. Sure, we block AQ-KQ. But that does not matter too much here I dont think. We block AT too.

I would rather check-call river to be honest or check-fold. I think BTNs range is defined as opposed to weak. They have bluff-catchers which they arent going to fold often, and missed draws. They wont bet the former if we check, but they will bet the latter. So yeah I think check call beats shove here and I think check fold also beats shove.

You have posted a few spots where you run a bluff and the only information we have is the line stats of the villain and what you think their range is given the board.

Are they going to believe you, though? What is their tendency versus big river bets? You need to have a read in these spots at 50nl, one way or another. Something, anything.

Old
Thu Apr 24, 2014, 01:56 PM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2013
Why can we check call? Villain can be betting with top pair/QT?

Old
Thu Apr 24, 2014, 03:02 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
I'm not playing 50nl deep but what's the reason for squeezing so big? When I see big squeezes it screams AK, AQ to me.

IMO this spot is so easy to play against your squeezing range IP because you should have TT-JJ, AQ+. I can discount KK OTR and maybe AA as well. River bet is QQ, TT or bluffs. Also If I'm holding Qx here I think I snap this off depending on your tendencies.

Also not sure how this villain can't be strong... There's no way that this villain has 77+?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike2198 View Post
Why can we check call? Villain can be betting with top pair/QT?
I think we can discount the villain from having QT. There's no way that this villain would call down with top 2 pair. AQ of spades and sets would make sense. I don't even think we can give them KJ because we have the K of spades. So the call OTT with KJ is pretty light. Also OTR I think the villain's thinnest value bet would be AQ of spades. All other Qx would check back.

Old
Thu Apr 24, 2014, 03:32 PM
(#5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt eh View Post

I think we can discount the villain from having QT. There's no way that this villain would call down with top 2 pair. AQ of spades and sets would make sense. I don't even think we can give them KJ because we have the K of spades. So the call OTT with KJ is pretty light. Also OTR I think the villain's thinnest value bet would be AQ of spades. All other Qx would check back.
That's kind of where i was at but i thought he would bet all AQ but i wanted to see what Gareth does with weaker Qx, i thought villain would call set and QT, is there any reason you think he raises QT and not sets?

I agree with the straight draws being very light calls so he has to have clubs as well which bricked obviously so i was leaning to a check fold unless villain has 2nd pair and more draws he folds on the river.

I think i understand why Gareth likes the x/c, if villain checks back all but AQ/sets but bets all his missed draws we can x/c a reasonable bet? But we block some backdoor clubs and im not exactly sure how wide this guys range is preflop or how wide he calls on the turn.

Old
Fri May 30, 2014, 03:00 PM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike2198 View Post
That's kind of where i was at but i thought he would bet all AQ but i wanted to see what Gareth does with weaker Qx, i thought villain would call set and QT, is there any reason you think he raises QT and not sets?

I agree with the straight draws being very light calls so he has to have clubs as well which bricked obviously so i was leaning to a check fold unless villain has 2nd pair and more draws he folds on the river.

I think i understand why Gareth likes the x/c, if villain checks back all but AQ/sets but bets all his missed draws we can x/c a reasonable bet? But we block some backdoor clubs and im not exactly sure how wide this guys range is preflop or how wide he calls on the turn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike2198
Hey Dirt i was just looking through an old hand of Birdays and you replied to a question of mine i thought i understood but i just realized that i dont and was wondering if you could help us out.

So the board was Tc 7h Qd 3c 3h and Biday has As Kc

So Birday squezzes pre and triple barrels this board and Gareth said he likes to x/c river and i asked why and you answered saying villain is unlikely to not raise QT by now and AQss and sets make sense as played.

I don't understand why he would call AQss but not any other AQ combos are you saying he should be raising the other AQ combos on the flop or did you just mean villain will call AQ and hits the backdoor clubs and will only call a river jam with the AQcc combo and fold the rest?
Mike, your inbox is full.

What I said was "I think" QT would have raised turn. It's too vulnerable OTT. Sets will sometimes raise turn, sometimes they won't. Sets don't have to be as worried. If the board pairs our QT is counterfeit if the villain holds AA,KK. with a set if the board pairs, then this is good! Depends on birdayy's tendencies. and obviously AQ is just calling down ATW depending on river bet frequencies. I wouldn't be raising any AQ combos here IP vs. an aggressive villain on any street. The only Qx combo that "I" would be raising is QT OTT, but that's just me!

Old
Sat May 31, 2014, 09:35 AM
(#7)
Oh right ok cheers Dirt. Think i confused myself quite abit with this hand thanks for clearing that one up.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com