Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

10NL 6m zoom. TT in SB

Old
10NL 6m zoom. TT in SB - Thu Apr 24, 2014, 08:06 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2013

Villain plays 40/40/0% 3bet but only 5 hands so no real read.

I think OTF my play is oke.
OTT: should I have bet here or just give up after he calls the flop ?
OTR: ment as tiny value bet to get value from 9x or a flopped 2 pair. Anyone calling here?

Old
Thu Apr 24, 2014, 10:21 PM
(#2)
Since: May 2011
Hi,

Nice hand to talk about. Open utg suggests a strong range, lets go with 77+ AQ+. We check/raise low flop which I like others will not - but it suggests our strong line. We represent 99 (set) or an over pair to the board. But unfortunately not a monster QQ+ which the villain may think we 3bet pre flop.

When we get the call to our flop raise the alarm bells sound! Even though the turn K is a good barrel card it smacks the utg open range (I'm a fan of opening KQ early position). Betting turn creates another problem on the river. When the board pairs a 3 we are probably a counterfeited 2 pair.

Even though I like pre and post flop (just my opinion) I'd close down on the turn. If we took that line I'd be interested to hear what our river line should be? Check/fold for me but I mess up river decisions!

Last edited by ForrestFive; Thu Apr 24, 2014 at 10:30 PM..

Old
Thu Apr 24, 2014, 10:38 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
I think I would take a XC, XC, XF line here.

But… As played I think XR, B, BF is the best option. You could also go for XR, B, XC line. I think XR, B, XF is the worst option.

Old
Thu Apr 24, 2014, 10:44 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hey rk,

I don't agree that OTF is ok... it's maybe my least favored option. When you c/r I would expect you to fold out all the lower equity hands in his range (like AhKh) and only get continued action from the high equity hands (AsXs, KsXs, JJ+, 99, 77). Yuck.

I think much better flop options are to check/call, or simply to lead out and donk into him.

As played, Once he calls on the flop, I think we're not in good shape.

The river bet I don't like, you are betting for thin value, but what is your target? A9? that's about all we can hope to get called by here. Meanwhile JJ+, KsXs are never folding. A value bet here is just too thin imo.

The biggest part of the problem, I think, is that our line on the flop has forced villain to abandon the weakest parts of his range, so when he gets to the river his range is stronger and our hand really doesn't fair well against it any more. Hope that makes sense.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com