Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

5nl zoom 6max, how much of the time do i need to be correct to make this call?

Old
5nl zoom 6max, how much of the time do i need to be correct to make this call? - Sat Apr 26, 2014, 12:33 PM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2010
Villain is 25/16 through 111 hands, agg 1.1. Cbet 75% through 8 occasions, w$s 20% wts 25%.

My question is how much of the time do i need to be right to make this call on the river? I think it's a chop a large amount, would villain really c/call w/the nuts on the turn? 88 makes sense.

His stats were too small of a sample for me to make a call here imo. even though his agg is low i don't think i can use it for a lot of information. Obviously he is c/calling a lot, he has c/raised before on turn although i wasnt in the hand.

I actually thought that even though his agg is low he may pull off some bluffs in spots judging by his w$s. If he was capable I guess it's a call, but like i said without enough of a sample is it?

Old
Sat Apr 26, 2014, 12:44 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
If you were to win the pot outright, you'd need to be right just over 33% of the time. If it's for a chop, then I'd need to double that.

Honestly, with this guy's like, especially with them not being aggressive, I think you're going to see KQ much more often than 88 here.

If it's me playing it, I'm betting about 60 cents on the river and mucking to the huge raise.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com