Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

5nl Zoom 6max, standard c/call down?

Old
5nl Zoom 6max, standard c/call down? - Sat Apr 26, 2014, 12:48 PM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2010
Villain is 21/17 agg 5.0 through 109 hands. 3bet 5% and cbet 71% through 7 occasions. wtsd 8% and w$s 100%. turn cbet 40%.

3 of us are deep and Villain 6 seems like a rec. 1 tabling and playing a ton of hands through a 50 hand sample. So I think flatting is fine, keeps him in and we have position on the aggressor.

The pre flop action is a bit worrying what with the min raises everywhere (LOL!). My plan was to call down here, pretty standard yes? Villains wtsd and agg, although a small sample, tells me he has a wide enough range here for it to be plus ev.

The turn bet sizing is huge, and really worried me. Doesnt scream of value on a dry board imo, then again does he bet that big on the turn with hands that I am ahead of? It's pretty polarised I think, to hands that have me crushed and hands I'm crushing. If he had aces/queens pre he's now ahead, villain probably plays aq like this too. Of course there is the spazz element also. What do you guys think?

Old
Sat Apr 26, 2014, 01:08 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Preflop, there is only one min-raise and that is the bet to 25 cents. The raise to 50 cents is not a min-raise, as this opp only has to raise to 35 cents as the previous raise was by 10 cents, so a min would be to 35.

When it gets back to me preflop, I'd re-raise to $1.25-$1.35. That way I can find out real quickly if I'm up against another premium hand. Calling down with a premium pair is not what I normally want to be doing. I want to have the initiative in the hand and bet aggressive, not to be passive and call.

By playing the hand passively, I have no clue whether or not I'm ahead, so I don't know whether to raise or fold.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Apr 26, 2014, 01:14 PM
(#3)
Since: Apr 2010
Thanks John, it's a leak of mine. Put myself in tricky spots doing this.

Old
Sat Apr 26, 2014, 08:57 PM
(#4)
Since: Feb 2013
I’m not sure it goes directly here as we would be stacking of pre right?

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com