Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

NL10SH - bottom set vs 3bet on flop multiway

Old
NL10SH - bottom set vs 3bet on flop multiway - Sat Apr 26, 2014, 07:50 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2013
Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (UTG): $10 (100 bb)
MP: $18.52 (185.2 bb)
CO: $11.57 (115.7 bb)
BTN: $12.27 (122.7 bb)
SB: $5.58 (55.8 bb)
BB: $9.94 (99.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 2 2
Hero raises to $0.30, 3 folds, SB calls $0.25, BB calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.90) 2 6 3 (3 players)
SB bets $0.43, BB calls $0.43, Hero raises to $1.10, SB folds, BB raises to $3.15, Hero folds

Results:
Click to show hidden text

I really didn't think he could have anything but 33 or 66 when he flats and then goes for the 3bet. He flats from the bb so he can be very wide. He could also have 45s. I guess he could have an overpair, I would expect a 3bet from QQ+ though and I dont think its as likely an overpair will flat and then 3bet multiway.

Old
Sat Apr 26, 2014, 09:18 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi pocket,

You're making a lot of reads without any info on the villain, the only info we have here though is that he's playing an awkward stack size, so probably a fishy player. That's enough read for me to not fold a set to him tbh. I think you're right that he can have a set or 45 (it doesn't need to be suited). But most players don't donk out with that strong a hand, they check/call to slow play or check/raise the preflop raiser. This lead out is usually a 1 pair hand trying to protect or "see where it's at", or a draw. Hands that would qualify here would be 77-JJ (assuming he 3-bets QQ+ pre, which we can't even be sure of). A6,86,76,65,64,55,44. Does it make sense for him to 3-bet the flop with those? I don't think it makes good poker sense, but again we are probably dealing with a villain that does a lot of things which make no sense. So while we can't rule out the former hands (sets and 45) simply because he donked out, I don't think we can rule out the latter group either simply because he 3-bet the flop. My inclination is to put him all in right here and take my chances.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Apr 26, 2014, 09:38 PM
(#3)
Since: Mar 2013
The villian was in the bb and flatted the SB donk then came in for 3bet which I thought looked super strong.

Old
Sun Apr 27, 2014, 11:27 AM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
My bad, I misread the history.

I agree, that looks crazy strong from the BB. Bottom set is probably a fold here without reads.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com