Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

NL10 SH - Nut flush draw on turn

Old
NL10 SH - Nut flush draw on turn - Sat Apr 26, 2014, 07:57 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2013
Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10, $0.02 ante No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (CO): $10 (100 bb)
BTN: $10.78 (107.8 bb)
SB: $24.80 (248 bb)
BB: $25 (250 bb)
UTG: $25 (250 bb)
MP: $36.01 (360.1 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A 9
UTG raises to $0.30, MP folds, Hero calls $0.30, 3 folds

Flop: ($0.87) J 2 Q (2 players)
UTG bets $0.60, Hero calls $0.60

Turn: ($2.07) 3 (2 players)
UTG bets $1.30, Hero folds

Results:
Click to show hidden text

Is this a standard call? How big should he bet in order for me to hold this hand? Villain is unknown.

Old
Sat Apr 26, 2014, 09:26 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi pocket,

Yes, I think it's a standard call, especially with so much money behind. And an ace may be good. And he may give up on the river sometimes.

He's giving you a bad price if he never puts another chip in the pot when a club comes, but it's not likely he'll check/fold any big hand on a club river. AA/KK/QQ/JJ are all going to pay you off. So you should have some implied odds to count on for sure imo, plus the chances of an ace winning or him giving up on a bluff.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com