Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Live Game Sweats and Online Tournaments / Skill League /

I won one!

Old
Wink
I won one! - Sun Apr 27, 2014, 08:49 AM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2013
ChromeStar

So I've been here (PSO) a month and as some of you know, I'm building up my bankroll slowly mainly via 2NL but I had some serious bad beats recently . Runner runner full-houses to beat nut flush for example.

Well... I've been trying tourneys but have no bankroll for them really, and have been trying to tighten my poker up... where better than the ultimate punishment for loose but the Open Skill League.

Well some how last night... I managed to turn a solid and very very tight start before the 1440 "bubble" into a cheap lead at around 200 left when as 2nd stack I faced off with 1st stack which then gave me 3x new 2nd stack, and I tried to keep that size lead which I pretty much did until the final table.

The last 2/3 tables were much more difficult and I had to consult the MTT course again quickly to make sure I was doing things right!

At the final table I then went to 5th of 5 (I was being bullied and didn't get any hands to defend with, but playing tight was still the way ahead) before building a massive lead to win the heads-up in only 3 hands, at that point I had a 4:1 lead.

Ok, it's not much but it helps my bankroll a lot as I'm trying to learn first too. But I'm dead chuffed to bits. There is no-way I could've done this without you guys on PSO.

Thanks to everyone here for their help and I hope I can continue to build a bankroll and win bigger things to come.

Cheers guys

Apex

P.S. My first blog post is gonna be crazy hey?

P.P.S. Big shout out to some of the guys at the last few tables, they were really nice and a few of them I almost wanted to win over me!

Old
Sun Apr 27, 2014, 08:54 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Congrats!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Apr 28, 2014, 06:24 PM
(#3)
Since: Feb 2013
ChromeStar
Well done.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com