Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

NL10SH - facing reraise mutiway with mid set, drawy board

Old
NL10SH - facing reraise mutiway with mid set, drawy board - Sun Apr 27, 2014, 01:27 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2013
Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10, $0.02 ante No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: $41.06 (410.6 bb)
BB: $24.92 (249.2 bb)
UTG: $44.77 (447.7 bb)
MP: $31.57 (315.7 bb)
CO: $25 (250 bb)
Hero (BTN): $11.46 (114.6 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with 8 8
UTG calls $0.10, MP calls $0.10, CO folds, Hero raises to $0.40, 2 folds, UTG calls $0.30, MP calls $0.30

Flop: ($1.47) 7 8 9 (3 players)
UTG checks, MP checks, Hero bets $1, UTG calls $1, MP raises to $3.80, Hero raises to $11.04, UTG folds, MP calls $7.24

Turn: ($24.55) T (2 players)
River: ($24.55) 2 (2 players)

Results:
Click to show hidden text

Villain is 38/12 and AF of 1.5 over 311 hands and no read. His raise looked super strong I thought a lot of draws would flat here so I think he probably has mainly overcards, sets, some top pair and I guess he could have some draws. I decide to just shove as there are so many ugly turn cards for me.

Old
Sun Apr 27, 2014, 02:47 PM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2010
Hi pockettones,

I think when you say that you decide to shove because there are many ugly cards for you then we know that our decision has to be made OTF. Either fold or shove. I think here against a weak opponent with a limp call means they could have bottom set, all two pair combos, Pair + draws, etc. But I don't think we will see overcards like you said because most TT+ would either raise or limp/raise. A good exercise would be to plug hands on pokerstove and see how our hand fairs and do pot odds calculation and compare number of combos of made flushes against other hands. Even against a made flush we still have outs to improve. But yes I think we can shove here. Just do some range analysis exercise for comfort

Looking forward to see your analysis here

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com