Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

NL10SH - 4bet pot with KK, cbet AXX?

Old
NL10SH - 4bet pot with KK, cbet AXX? - Sun Apr 27, 2014, 01:37 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2013
Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: $10.54 (105.4 bb)
BB: $24.10 (241 bb)
UTG: $22.85 (228.5 bb)
Hero (MP): $13.28 (132.8 bb)
CO: $10.30 (103 bb)
BTN: $10 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP with K K
UTG folds, Hero raises to $0.30, CO folds, BTN raises to $0.90, 2 folds, Hero raises to $2.20, BTN calls $1.30

Flop: ($4.55) 7 5 A (2 players)
Hero bets $2.20, BTN calls $2.20

Turn: ($8.95) 6 (2 players)
Hero checks, BTN checks

River: ($8.95) A (2 players)
Hero checks, BTN bets $5.60 and is all-in, Hero folds

Results:
Click to show hidden text

Villain is 21/20/7, 9.1% 3bet over 134 hands on the button. Im not sure if I should cbet this flop? No hands I can get value from but at the same time I dont really want to check-fold against a bluff. What should my line be? check to river? delay cbet? or just outright cbet.

Old
Sun Apr 27, 2014, 03:40 PM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2010
This is not a nice spot to be in
When we 4bet from MP, I think it should signal strength most of the time to our opponent since we would not have too many bluffs in our range since we can assume that opponents can perceive us tighter from that range as opposed to opening the CO or BTN so I think we could actually raise slightly more than 22bbs in this spot and because we are OOP. Given that, I think our opponent's range is also tight and it would make sense for them to flat a 4bet with AA there. I don't think villain would call a 4bet with hands that they 3bet as a bluff occasionally. And marginal hands would call us instead of 3bet to realize their position. So to me this looks like {AA, QQ/JJ, AK} - it's really hard to battle it out with a regular here in a 4bet pot, OOP, and an underpair so in my eyes I really have no problem to fold at some point in the hand and play a better spot. If we have AK in our checking range on the flop, I think we can check our KK here too - we kind of have showdown value against QQ/JJ and we want to get to showdown cheaply. Also we have the King of spades, it might be trivial but we can x/c spade turns too; I think this will be a 1 bet either way. We x/c flop, x/f turns or bet flop, get called, x/f turn I don't know if we can put a small bet OTT with the stack sizes in a 4bet pot. River is really interesting it not only makes it less likely that our villain has an Ace but also the way we played our hand might signal the strength of our hand to our opponent who can turn their QQ/JJ into a bluff - maybe or run into quad Aces

Last edited by geoVARTA; Sun Apr 27, 2014 at 03:42 PM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com