Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

A10suited against very loose villian

Old
A10suited against very loose villian - Tue Apr 29, 2014, 12:32 AM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2013
the villian were very loose , played all past hands and had fishy stats, despite that i think my play was not optimal. My doubts are, what to do with that flop? if i raise i will make him fold all worse hands and i have pretty decent equity against his opening range. and in the turn? was best bet/fold the turn? im pretty sure that even against a very loose villian im not in good shape after raised in the turn and my draw isnt so strong, but want your feedback.

Old
Tue Apr 29, 2014, 06:58 AM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
(Moderator)
xxx moved xxx

Old
Tue Apr 29, 2014, 07:10 AM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2012
i think its a mistake to be stacking here on the turn with only 1 card to come... your equity will not be that great, and you will always be getting called by hands that beat you... any aggression should of been applied on the flop imo.....

Old
Tue Apr 29, 2014, 11:08 AM
(#4)
Since: Oct 2011
When villain barrels the turn, he's usually strong (AK-J, sets and straights), so you're probably behind, but you have a ton of equity ("so many outs"). You could just call the turn and see if you improve. The problem with raising is that villain will fold all the hands you beat (i.e. his bluffs) and cram it in with his monsters.
Raising the flop is also an option, but I tend to prefer calling to keep worse hands in the pot. Most of villain's range is virtually drawing dead if it's not already beating you, so it's kind of hard to get "value" from worse if you raise the flop.

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com