Since: Dec 2012
BronzeStar
I know this happens butSorry, this hand was deleted by its owner
And that was me out just before itm yet again

Old
Tue Apr 29, 2014, 07:15 AM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2012
this is ridiculous... tell me who this dealer was and i will go and speak to them.....

poker sucks sometimes

Old
Tue Apr 29, 2014, 08:58 AM
(#3)
Since: Nov 2012
BronzeStar
Mind if i ask - why didn't you shove this?
The big stack was hardly folding that equity for anything - just makes no sense to stop and go in that spot

Old
Tue Apr 29, 2014, 12:28 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by baud2death View Post
Mind if i ask - why didn't you shove this?
I agree. With 5BB behind, I'm shoving any hand that I'm going to play and AK is at the top of the range I'd be willing to shove here.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Apr 29, 2014, 02:46 PM
(#5)
You were getting screwed either way. I would have shoved the flop and hoped the donkey folded his QQ but because you had so little chips its a no brainer for him to chase a queen or runner runner like they always get.

Last edited by Killeraxa89; Tue Apr 29, 2014 at 05:00 PM..

Old
Tue Apr 29, 2014, 03:42 PM
(#6)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killeraxa89 View Post
You were getting screwed either way. I would have shoved the flop and hoped the donkey folded his QQ but because you had so little chips its a no brainer for him to chase a queen or runner runner like they always get.
Killer, i think this is the wrong way to look at it, he wasn't screwed either way - he was just screwed.. either way suggests that there either option was fine because the outcome was the same but the outcome shouldn't matter.

Also, if you are hoping someone folds QQ to a raise like that when a) there is massive equity b) the opponent is super short and c) you are super stacked then i can't agree with that logic.

I can only see someone folding QQ here if it is a sattelite or on the bubble, playing scared to cash. Also, perhaps at the start of a torny.

If this guy folded QQ here, i would slap him with a collusion penalty no question lol

Old
Tue Apr 29, 2014, 04:58 PM
(#7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by baud2death View Post
Killer, i think this is the wrong way to look at it, he wasn't screwed either way - he was just screwed.. either way suggests that there either option was fine because the outcome was the same but the outcome shouldn't matter.

Also, if you are hoping someone folds QQ to a raise like that when a) there is massive equity b) the opponent is super short and c) you are super stacked then i can't agree with that logic.

I can only see someone folding QQ here if it is a sattelite or on the bubble, playing scared to cash. Also, perhaps at the start of a torny.

If this guy folded QQ here, i would slap him with a collusion penalty no question lol
Like I said, he did not have enough chips to move the donkey off of his QQ when the flop came, its not hurting his stack to call him even if he did have a king. But that was not the case and the villain had an easy call knowing he was probably beat but could maybe hit a Q or ofc runner runner like they always get on the river.

Edit:
I put it in bold for ya above so you can read my statement clearly

Last edited by Killeraxa89; Tue Apr 29, 2014 at 05:01 PM..

Old
Tue Apr 29, 2014, 07:33 PM
(#8)
BronzeStar
Mate, I read your post right ... You said that you would have shoved and hoped he folded QQ

Hoping he folded in that spot is so unlikely as he is calling with pretty much any hand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old
Tue Apr 29, 2014, 09:29 PM
(#9)
Hope he folded BUT NO WAY. HE COULD. BEcAUSE THE OP HAD LITTLE CHIPS!!!

Sigh.... Now if the OP has a bigger stack and he shoved the flop or che k raised allin tgen theres no way any sane player is going to call wuth QQ.on that flop

Im done

Old
Wed Apr 30, 2014, 08:29 AM
(#10)
Since: Dec 2012
BronzeStar
I would like to know who the dealer is too bonez LOL nah was all good I just posted it and the comment coz I thought it was a cool way to get beat.I could have folded before the flop coz I was scared of losing lol and to answer your question baud Im always wary of big stacks and I actually checked because I thought I was setting everybody up and I was gunna slay the lot of them lol so at the time it surprised the heck out of me and my reaction was ffs I want this out there so everyone could see how hard done by I was lol.In the end the truth is ol big stack just went for it regardless and blew me away so I got my just deserts for trying to be a tricky chap.My honest opinion is that even if I had shoved he still would have called coz he had the chips.

Old
Wed Apr 30, 2014, 09:17 AM
(#11)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by CELL26 View Post
I would like to know who the dealer is too bonez LOL nah was all good I just posted it and the comment coz I thought it was a cool way to get beat.I could have folded before the flop coz I was scared of losing lol and to answer your question baud Im always wary of big stacks and I actually checked because I thought I was setting everybody up and I was gunna slay the lot of them lol so at the time it surprised the heck out of me and my reaction was ffs I want this out there so everyone could see how hard done by I was lol.In the end the truth is ol big stack just went for it regardless and blew me away so I got my just deserts for trying to be a tricky chap.My honest opinion is that even if I had shoved he still would have called coz he had the chips.
Never be scared.
Just get it in

Old
Wed Apr 30, 2014, 02:16 PM
(#12)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
I agree we should be shoving preflop, give the original raiser a chance to reshove and push the other big stack out, which would increase our chance to win the pot and leave his dead 8K in the middle.

lol@calling the QQ player a donkey. He did absolutely nothing incorrect in this hand.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Apr 30, 2014, 02:48 PM
(#13)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLangolier View Post
lol@calling the QQ player a donkey. He did absolutely nothing incorrect in this hand.
+1 ---

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com