Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

NL10 6m zoom nut flush draw in 3 bet pot oop

Old
NL10 6m zoom nut flush draw in 3 bet pot oop - Tue Apr 29, 2014, 04:24 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2010

edit: sry no reads at all not played much 6max zoom at all.

preflop: ok i made a mistake didnt realise vilain only had a few big blinds and went for a 3 bet with A5s, got a bit confued with bet sizing after vilain goes all in for extra few BB's

flop: i bet a bit small, 40% bet, i didnt think tbh anything BB called my 3 bet would be folding on that flop, so do u think maybe c/c is better with a pair and nut flush draw?

turn: hit the nut flush again c/c call better or keep betting? iv not got much left for a river bet if BB calls?

Old
Wed Apr 30, 2014, 07:35 AM
(#2)
Since: Feb 2013
I would bet bigger OTF, just a standaard c-bet of 60%-75%. You flop great and you are the preflop aggressor. No need to lower your betsize imo.
I don't think he will fold that easy and the flop doesn't seem to hit most ranges very hard.

OTT I would bet as well and if called, shove the rest OTR.

Old
Wed Apr 30, 2014, 07:59 AM
(#3)
in all the hands i played online poker, i hardly ever come across the BB that cold calls a 3 bet,
i think this is what confuses me.

im usually betting 55% in 3 bet pots, if i bet 75% im gonna be short of bet sizing for turn and river.

if u put villain on big pocket pair like QQ are u still betting flop or c/c ? (im OOP remember!)

villain can re-raise big pocket pairs here easily?

Last edited by UrGetinTaxed; Wed Apr 30, 2014 at 08:02 AM..

Old
Wed Apr 30, 2014, 11:21 AM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi taxed,

I like betting bigger on the flop too, villain's range is uncertain but it seems like a lot of AQ/AJs and 88-JJ type hands. Maybe QQ and AK. I would expect KK/AA to 4-bet preflop more often. I think there's a lot of benefit to continuing to put pressure on big aces, 88, TT, JJ when we have good hand equity to back it up.

The turn card I wouldn't be opposed to checking... it's normally a pretty bad event for our range that we got called on the flop and this coordinating 3-flush card hits. It looks a lot like we may have AK and are giving up if we check, so he may move in with his pairs now (and we only have a fraction of the pot left). He may still call the turn if we move in, but it looks pretty strong imo where as checking leaves some doubt.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Apr 30, 2014, 02:08 PM
(#5)
ok thanks, dave.

im just trying different lines, with c/c. I feel like im double barreling too much, so trying to balance it a bit with betting strong and semi made hands and air on flop and checking back medium strength hands.....maybe i shouldnt check back at all

Old
Wed Apr 30, 2014, 02:20 PM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrGetinTaxed View Post
ok thanks, dave.

im just trying different lines, with c/c. I feel like im double barreling too much, so trying to balance it a bit with betting strong and semi made hands and air on flop and checking back medium strength hands.....maybe i shouldnt check back at all
You can't check it back out of position, you have to check first.

Try thinking about what your range is, and whether or not the turn (or river) card is good or bad for that range as a whole. When the card is bad for your range, you should be checking it more frequently than normal (even sometimes when it happens to give your actual hand the nuts).

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Apr 30, 2014, 02:26 PM
(#7)
yeah i ment checking sry, i dint realise checking it back and checking were 2 different things..my bad

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com