Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

NL10 - facing minraise on river with overpair

Old
NL10 - facing minraise on river with overpair - Fri May 02, 2014, 08:51 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2013
Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

CO: $33.22 (332.2 bb)
BTN: $4.41 (44.1 bb)
SB: $10.72 (107.2 bb)
BB: $10.86 (108.6 bb)
Hero (UTG): $10 (100 bb)
MP: $23.22 (232.2 bb)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J J
Hero raises to $0.30, MP calls $0.30, 2 folds, SB calls $0.25, BB folds

Flop: ($1) T 9 5 (3 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $0.60, MP calls $0.60, SB folds

Turn: ($2.20) 4 (2 players)
Hero bets $1.60, MP calls $1.60

River: ($5.40) 2 (2 players)
Hero bets $2.60, MP raises to $5.20, Hero calls $2.60

Results:
Click to show hidden text

VIllain is 62/7
I guess this is a fold every time even though I have good pot odds? Because hes never bluffing and I doubt he is doing that with AT.

Old
Fri May 02, 2014, 09:27 PM
(#2)
Since: Apr 2010
Yeah never a bluff unless you've some read on the guy pocket.

I thought villain was going to show up with jq of diamonds there. standard bet/fold on the river, well played except for the call. I'd even bet slightly bigger on the flop to get more in by the river against villains likely bottom pair/ 96 suited etc

Remember one of the golden rules for the micros, people just don't bluff raise the river.

Old
Sat May 03, 2014, 09:52 AM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2010
Hi pockettones,

Against a 62/7 I feel calling a small raise is meh, someone with those stats can be overplaying AT but yea I agree that we would not see a bluff in this spot so the question is only whether they can raise us with a worse hand and why raise it OTR and not earlier in the hand? The backdoor diamonds kind of worry me a bit because they can call turn with a hand that either floated the flop and picked up a FD or called the flop with a pair and picked up FD and now raising river for value.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com