Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

[2nl 6max zoom] Top set with deep stacks

Old
[2nl 6max zoom] Top set with deep stacks - Fri May 02, 2014, 09:15 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2011
I don't often play with a deep stack, I usually cash out after doubling up, but I'm planning on moving up stakes so thought I'd give it a go to get used to bigger money.

I'd say a pretty ideal situation for a big stack. On the turn I think he has ~25% equity at most. That's with an open-ended straight flush draw (not a likely hand in my opinion, but possible because of the deep stacks). JT of hearts for example:

9 normal flush cards, but 2 of them give me a full house, so it's reduced to 7. Then 6 straight outs, normally 8, but the flush makes up those 2 other cards. So 13 outs in total, which is ~25% equity.

I think I played this hand pretty well. Any comments?

Old
Fri May 02, 2014, 09:23 PM
(#2)
Since: Apr 2010
well played and completely standard.

Feel bad for that guy though!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com