Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

Overly Aggressive Play? - Flopped Set

Old
Overly Aggressive Play? - Flopped Set - Mon May 05, 2014, 02:35 AM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2011

A caller is never bluffing...I thought he had 44, but value bet anyways.

Old
Mon May 05, 2014, 04:03 AM
(#2)
Since: Nov 2012
BronzeStar
Flop bet is way too big
You bet the pot, since both opponents checked to you, its unlikely any of them are going to call a pot sized bet and if you want to get any value here, 50% of 10c is good i feel.

The turn bet again is way too big, same thing, a 50% bet would have been better.

I am shocked your opponent paid you off that quick.

I know that you got paid and everything but most times here you are losing value to your set because your opponent won't pay the price you are setting.

If that were me, I would have figured the pot sized bet to be a set, two pair or perhaps the straight and if I had something like 88 or perhaps A7 then I would fold.

What if I had 88 and checked the flop, you bet 50% and I call.
I then check the turn, you bet 50% and I call.
I then check the river, here you could say value bet anywhere from 30-50% and I might call

Here though, you got 2 bets out of me (perhaps 3) that wouldnt have happened before

I personally don't think you played the right value line is all

Last edited by baud2death; Mon May 05, 2014 at 04:07 AM..

Old
an amateur player - Mon May 05, 2014, 04:35 AM
(#3)
Since: Nov 2012
BronzeStar
playing to a cash game .01to.02 its a freestyle of bet .any player wanted just call or bluff.i see no agression involve perfectly!on a regular play .06 bets are easy to call with any hands.try to advance bigger cash game like .50/1 now u can see players risk powerful agression and yur hand 33 perhaps will folded early preflop.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com