Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

What can you do? hehe

Old
What can you do? hehe - Tue May 06, 2014, 03:31 AM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2012
This happens to me all the time but i had to show this one.

Old
Tue May 06, 2014, 03:54 AM
(#2)
Since: Nov 2012
BronzeStar
I have actually folded AA in this spot... no just kidding

You are only really against one opponent here, had all of them had the same stacks then it might have been a hard pot to win.

- You either win 17k from getting it all
- DU if you can beat the big stack

The shorties matter little in this scenario because they either help you earn more but as long as you can beat the big stack, you are DU.

Old
Tue May 06, 2014, 03:57 AM
(#3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by baud2death View Post
I have actually folded AA in this spot... no just kidding
hehehehehehehe.

Er what is DU???

Old
Don't fold AA pre flop - Tue May 06, 2014, 09:50 AM
(#4)
Since: Dec 2011
You know for a fact that you have the best hand with a possibility of a split. Getting it all in with the best hand is the essences of poker.

Imagine.
First hand of the World Series Main Event you are in the Big Blind. Action to you: UTG goes All-IN for 30,000, UTG +1 Calls, UTG + 2 Calls, Middle Calls, The Hijack calls, The Cut off calls, The Button Calls, Small Blind Calls.

What do you do??

Old
Tue May 06, 2014, 09:58 AM
(#5)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by thephoenix11 View Post
hehehehehehehe.

Er what is DU???
Double-up

Old
Tue May 06, 2014, 10:01 AM
(#6)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klumn View Post
You know for a fact that you have the best hand with a possibility of a split. Getting it all in with the best hand is the essences of poker.

Imagine.
First hand of the World Series Main Event you are in the Big Blind. Action to you: UTG goes All-IN for 30,000, UTG +1 Calls, UTG + 2 Calls, Middle Calls, The Hijack calls, The Cut off calls, The Button Calls, Small Blind Calls.

What do you do??
SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIP IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

Just kidding, how on earth would that every happen at the WSOP though, c'mon!
ESPN makes it look like everyone is getting it in but with the stacks so deep early on and the levels so long and MOST of the field being decent players nowadays, its rare to see early shoves.

AA without insurance (with sidepot wins) is suicide into a massive field, 3+ opponents and your looking at two pair at worst, set at best, the more there are the higher this goes up

Old
Tue May 06, 2014, 11:48 AM
(#7)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Unless this is a league game or the bubble of a satellite, I'm getting it in with AA preflop every single time.

Those are the ONLY two times when AA is a fold preflop (early in a league game or on a satty bubble if I have enough chips to get the ticket).

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue May 06, 2014, 11:49 AM
(#8)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Quote:
AA without insurance (with sidepot wins) is suicide into a massive field, 3+ opponents and your looking at two pair at worst, set at best, the more there are the higher this goes up
AA preflop is ALWAYS a +EV play (if enough are in the pot, it's not always the favorite, but IS a hand where I will win chips on average every single time). Sidepots are totally irrelevant.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue May 06, 2014, 12:30 PM
(#9)
BronzeStar
Early stages of a tournament, i really can't see its worth the risk personally.

Old
Tue May 06, 2014, 12:32 PM
(#10)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Early stages of a tournament, i really can't see its worth the risk personally.
Getting chips from the fish that will throw their chips away when I have a premium hand is how to get deep runs in tourneys.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
What can you do? hehe - Tue May 06, 2014, 12:45 PM
(#11)
BronzeStar
Really? I think there are spots in tournaments where pot equity doesn't translate well from cash and this is one if them IMHO

The chip up is wonderful but it's at a less than 40% chance of a result

Without the ability to rebuy, that's a 60% chance of KO

I have no doubt the big stack early helps but what can you do with 500bb that you can't do with 100bb this early?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old
Tue May 06, 2014, 01:12 PM
(#12)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Not sure where you're getting those numbers from, but they're WAY OFF.

AA vs 3 opps (using a 10% range for them), AA is a basically a 2-1 FAVORITE, as it wins 64.4% of the time.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue May 06, 2014, 02:34 PM
(#13)
Since: May 2013
Laying Aces down is unacceptable imo. Even if everyone moves all in you should call. Whoever wins that pot has a real shot at winning the whole thing.If you are properly rolled this should be no problem. I remember Negreanu saying something similar. Like if you
are playing an STT and everyone shoves, you should call with 10 2 o because, if you fold, whoever wins that pot is going to roll you over. He chuckled something like what cards are more than 2 - 1 anyways! Then he said something like you don't have to. I mean if i told you to jump off a bridge, would you do it?

He is good value!

Last edited by awmm83; Tue May 06, 2014 at 02:40 PM..

Old
Tue May 06, 2014, 03:51 PM
(#14)
BronzeStar
I was talking about the fictious WSOP example, i thought that was what the reference was made to in regards to the reply.

Vs 2 opponents, yeah i have no qualms there and the numbers i had were nowhere near what it would be... i was just focused on the massive full-ring example

Old
Tue May 06, 2014, 03:54 PM
(#15)
Quote:
Double-up
Tnx.
As well as learning and advancing my poker i'm having to learn a diff language hehe.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com