Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Challenges & Battleground & Member Blogs /

Advice request

Old
Advice request - Tue May 06, 2014, 06:57 AM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2012
BronzeStar
Hi

I am looking at tracking my progress and can't rely on HM/PT for it. I would like some advice on the best way to do this.

My initial thoughts were to put the data into a spreadsheet and use the inbuilt graphs within excel to visualize the data.

So since I only really play tournaments/sit & gos, I believe that the key metrics I need to be taking account of would be :

: Buyins
: Winnings
: Current Bankroll

So then the formula would be Bankroll + (winnings-buyin) updated after each single event :

EG :
Event 1, bankroll is $100, buyin is $5, winnings are $0, so value for entry #1 is $95
Event 2, bankroll is $95, buyin is $5, winnings are $20, so value for entry #2 is $115
Event 3, bankroll is $115, buyin is $5, winnings are $0, so value for entry #1 is $110
Event 4, bankroll is $110, buyin is $5, winnings are $0, so value for entry #1 is $105

So based on that, the graph would dip below $100 at first, then rise to $115 and then steadily dip down

Is this a good concept to use?

Also, i imagine that over say 500 events, the chart will look better than one i do over a small sample?

Any advice, free tools or methods are appreciated

Old
Tue May 06, 2014, 09:53 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
Here's a nice one:

http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com...ds-example.htm

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com